Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tundra seems to be "driving better" since I've passed the 5000 mile mark. By "driving better", I mean that the engine seems to rev more freely, the tanny seems to shift more evenly. Is this experience similar to others?:ts:

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
pickup any automobile magazine that has a long term test article....99 percent of the time the times are better at the end of the 40 or 50k than they were before......so yeah, once things loosen up and work smoothly its not uncommon for things to mesh better and just work great.

·
Registered
918 Posts
x2... happens with both motor trend and car and driver. 0-60 and 1/4 are normally 1-2 tenths better after 10,000-plus miles.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Wait till 30k. The 5.7 is a rocket compared to when I drove it off the lot, but it continuously adjusts to driving habits. Since 2007 I smile everytime I drive off.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Oh yea the truck will run much better when its all broken in. The best is yet to come. :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input guys. I look forward to many happy miles....if I can keep the wife from behind the wheel!:ballchain:

·
Premium Member
5,471 Posts
I agree with the comments above, but there is another factor also.:D
You are getting used to what the truck does, "broken in" so everything works better because the operator is better trained.;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree with the comments above, but there is another factor also.:D
You are getting used to what the truck does, "broken in" so everything works better because the operator is better trained.;)

I tend to agree with this....I really feel that I had to learn the unique characteristics of the truck and this has taken me longer than I am probably willing to admit. The transmission is a bit more "quirky" than I would have liked, but now that I am "learning" its' quirks, it seems better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts