Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody else got rust on your break lines??? Mine are horrible... not the actual hoses but the metal lines themselves that run from the front engine compartment out to the hoses. The rust is especially bad up in the engine compartment on the driver side, and back at the rear proportioning valve mentioned in the recent cross member recall.

Any idea on who carries the lines for replacement? I was just wondering a ballpark figure on what it costs to replace the lines. I will be making an argument to Toyota to replace my lines and rear proportioning valve since I just bought my 2000 from a dealer in one of the covered states and that rear proportioning valve is rusty as hell and so are the lines!

I'll post pictures tomorrow.

Dan

·
Registered
524 Posts
Any autoparts store (read NOT PEPBOYS type stores) should stock the correct lines for you prebent. Or you can save cash and run your own as its not very hard and requires about 30 bucks or less worth of tools.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WELL ... i didn't take pictures... I just decided to go ahead and recondition everything myself... My truck was rusty under there in certain spots, but thank God the previous owner took pretty good care of her. Today I put a coat of rust converter on much of the frame, axles, and break lines. My dad was able to hook me up with some industrial strength rust converter from his workplace.. he says this stuff costs like 60 bucks a quart!!! (yikes!) after i let it cure for a few days im going to paint everything underneath black and then apply rubberized undercoating in certain areas.

Dan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts