Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again.
I decided to climb underneath the truck this weekend, I needed to change the oil in my bike and since I was dirty and on the ground with it, it seemed natural to slide over and check the underside of the Tundra.

I don't usually dig into my vehicles that much as far as, changing things in the undercariage, so I'm not sure if it's natural or not for pieces and parts of the underbody to have rust. Many different pieces had rust, the rear axle had rust spots, the frame had a few spots, the front suspenstion had rust spots, even the back of the brake holders had rust. These rust spots look to be surface level rust, not anything that makes the parts look weakened. I know my old Dakota had rust spots, but it was 2 years old when I bought it, then I had it for another 7, so I wasn't surprised to see rust at all. However, I just bought this truck two weeks ago. I know it's been on the lot since Feb, cause that's what the brake tag says. Just curious about info from some more knowledgable folks.
Thanks
BB

·
Registered
352 Posts
Every new vehicle I have owned has had rust spots show up on the underside soon after purchase. Some already there when I purchased. It's never been a problem and I would not worry about it.

Jim

·
Registered
116 Posts
PUt Fluid Film ALL OVER the underside, and inside the boxed areas.! It will never rust!

Zack

·
Registered
528 Posts
My dealer ended up doing the undercoating on my truck for free. I have never had an undercoating before but since I drove the truck without it and now I have driven it with it (of course), road noise is next to nothing. It was already a quiet vehicle inside the cabin and now its more quiet. The only thing I hear is the TRD exhaust and thats always a nice rush.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
My 07 DC has the same thing you are describing.So did my 04DC when I bought it new......Just drive and enjoy, it won`t hurt a thing.

·
Registered
528 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts