Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was cleaning up the truck and was touching up the frame since i want to sell my truck and not trade it in and take a huge loss. i came accross what appeared to be a raised spot (bubble) in the surface of my frame and started to tap on it. about a ragged 3" oval piece of rusted out metal separated from my frame and now i can see daylight through my frame. i have the cleanest tundra around town and this happens? i know toyota has had an isue w/ the tacomas and i have an 01 tundra. am i f????d here. am i going to waste my time talking to toyota especially during the current campaign of recals. has any one else had this problem. or am i better off bringing it down to the local welder to get it fixed.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i called toyota, the same dealership i had bought it from new. the service dept said they would take a look at it, they are aware of the problem and said that they have replaced the frames on some of the tundra's already. wow-wish me luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't think I would bring the vehicle to the local welders shop because you don't want to compromise your chances of having Toyota repair it for free or take some other type of action. I have a 00 Tundra with 115,000 miles and it has severe corrision of the frame and rear cross member, it's really bad. I registered a consumer complaint with NHSTA and also Toyota Customer Care back in November of 2009. Took the Tundra in this past Saturday (4/24/10) had it inspected it today (4/26/10), they said it's not safe to drive. Toyota is providing me with a rental vehicle (2010 Tundra) at their expense until they determine what course
of action they will take. I hope it's like what they did with the Tacoma's.......150% KBB.
By the way, I also live in the Northeast, southern New England.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts