Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I am getting interested in an OME lift and after searching this forum for a couple of days now I haven't found the answers to a couple questions. First I noticed that most the people with this lift are using the front setup and going with a different setup for the rears like a block or something else, why is this? Second has anyone towed with the full lift, I am not planning on the HD lift just the regular one. Some people say the rear feels softer is it going to effect towing? And finally I was going to run a 275/70/18 tire, does this appear to be a good size tire or is it to small. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Hello everyone. I am getting interested in an OME lift and after searching this forum for a couple of days now I haven't found the answers to a couple questions. First I noticed that most the people with this lift are using the front setup and going with a different setup for the rears like a block or something else, why is this? Second has anyone towed with the full lift, I am not planning on the HD lift just the regular one. Some people say the rear feels softer is it going to effect towing? And finally I was going to run a 275/70/18 tire, does this appear to be a good size tire or is it to small. Thanks for the help.
The front and rear OME lift provides 2.5" (approximately) of lift. I did not want to raise the rear of my truck 2.5" and wanted slightly less of a rake than factory. Using the front lift only, your truck will stand exactly level. I added 1" blocks to give a little rake, and to protect from sag when towing. I think it's perfect.

I talked to ARB/OME when I was looking at the OME lift. Their rear leaf springs maintain the same weight limits and tow rating. You should see no difference in towing minus your hitch will be 2.5" higher.

You will be very happy with OME, best money I ever spent on my Tundra.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
I as well like my OME lift up front. I pretty much second what wildbill said about the rear of the lift. 1" block for myself if I go that route. Right now, I kind of like the leveled look.

Front suspension is awesome. I feel as if it's a lot better than stock.

-rockstate

·
Registered
546 Posts
I have an OME lift up front too. Its Bilstein 5100's plus 1/2" Toytec Spacer. In the rear I have a Toytec AAL and I tow a horse trailer regularly. No issues and handling is MUCH better

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
I have an OME lift up front too. Its Bilstein 5100's plus 1/2" Toytec Spacer. In the rear I have a Toytec AAL and I tow a horse trailer regularly. No issues and handling is MUCH better
Old Man Emu's components don't play nicely with other shocks.... how'd you get the Bilsteins to work with the coils?

-rockstate

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have the full front and rear OME HD lift and like it. Haven't really towed with it yet though.

Here's a pic of the truck with the full suspension on it.

·
Registered
139 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have had the f&r lift for a while. Towed some up to about 6000lbs no problems. Here is my original thread with height measurements.
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/tundra/147251-ome-lift-installed/

They are the dakar rear springs. I believe that the measurements now may be about 1-1.5 inches lower due to sagging. I have a fisher 7'6" HD plow(about 700lbs) I use in the winter with about 800-900lbs of ballast in the bed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts