Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dynoed my truck produced 433rwhp... but im still not satisfied with the gains any recommandations on any cams or eingine mods,,, i wana go deep and wouldnt mind the risk... so far my preformance mods are:-
1. TRD supercharger kit
2. LongTube DougThroely headers
3. Stainless steel Y-pipe
4. AFE throttle body spacer
5. TRD cat-back

Attachments

·
Back from the dead!
1,778 Posts
Buy a Unichip and get it custom tuned. OR spray a 100 shot of nitrous, and see what happens. OR, check out Lextreme.com and get the 6.0 stroker kit. :D

·
Back from the dead!
1,778 Posts
Or get the URD MAF Calibrator and have that tuned as well....

·
Back from the dead!
1,778 Posts
In your professional opinion, how much can these engines pump out stock?^^ That is great news. :D

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Brian - that's awesome that you guys are working on Add-Ons for our trucks... Keep it up! What would the new Throttle-Body do for us?

Oh - Ad_Tundra... how do you have a Y-Pipe AND the TRD exhaust??? I thought the TRD exhaust were duals with a single Dual-IN/Dual-OUT muffler.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Brian - that's awesome that you guys are working on Add-Ons for our trucks... Keep it up! What would the new Throttle-Body do for us?

Oh - Ad_Tundra... how do you have a Y-Pipe AND the TRD exhaust??? I thought the TRD exhaust were duals with a single Dual-IN/Dual-OUT muffler.
Two aftermarket exhaust systems gives you twice as much HP!

I have two Cold air intakes on mine!

-Tim

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
i dynoed my truck produced 433rwhp... but im still not satisfied with the gains any recommandations on any cams or eingine mods

get something made to go fast instead. thats what i would do. you cant tune these trucks reliably as of yet, so any mods arent going to add near the power they should. it sucks, but thats life.

·
Banned
444 Posts
I can make you pulley.

We are working on a throttle body for the normally aspirated engines along with a larger unit for the SC engines.

More to come.

But we have no way to adjust timing for the PULLY.???????? I'd really like a smooth intake tube from Intake to throttle body, plastic. So I can thread in Nitrous, and methanol jets.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Get Unichip and tune it.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
get something made to go fast instead. thats what i would do. you cant tune these trucks reliably as of yet, so any mods arent going to add near the power they should. it sucks, but thats life.
:tu::amen: If you still are set on going "fast" with your truck, weight reduction.

·
Back from the dead!
1,778 Posts
Oh by the way, Auburn came out with an LSD and Cal-Tracs has some bars for us as well.. :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
2jz swap.

·
Banned
444 Posts
2jz swap.
That 5.7 can put a 2jz to shame with with a Electronics swap. Such a AEM-EMS, then some boost and internals.

Maybe not for the money though.

·
Registered
50 Posts
How do you figure? The compression is completely different and the rpm/power ranges are completely different.

Don't knock the 2j so quickly.

If you are looking for more power, invest in some cams (if available) and spray it with a progressive kit. Unfortunately nitrous is NEVER a safe option but for the quick power and consistency, go for it.

Someone also said weight reduction. I'm a huge advocate on weight reduction. But idk what you can do with trucks. And idk if this is a daily or not. Just my .02 cents.

The basics:
1. Wheels
2. Hood
3. Fenders
4. Interior

·
Tire Roasting Member
927 Posts
The internals of this engine and transmission won't handle much more than 475-500 rwhp. So go ahead with a pulley and/or nitrous but be prepared for something bad to happen. URD has a truck that they tried all of this on and ended up breaking stuff. Email [email protected] for details/questions.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Buy a 1988 4runner... drive it around for a few weeks. When you jump back in the Tundra, you'll crap your pants.

That's what I do.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Buy a 1988 4runner... drive it around for a few weeks. When you jump back in the Tundra, you'll crap your pants.

That's what I do.
LOL that's what happens when I drive my 95 4X4 Xtra cab that has the 3.slow in it..WOW!!!!

1 - 20 of 85 Posts