Toyota Tundra Forums banner

S/C RPM Question

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Tidbitnh 
#1 ·
Had the TRD S/C installed a couple months ago along with a Borla exhaust. Since the install, I appear to be getting a higher rpm while in neutral or in gear, stopped. Gauge in the truck is reading what looks like 750-800 rpm range. This seems high. I know the ECM was reprogrammed as part of the install but don't know if this is normal as I am new to the S/C world. Any input??

2008 5.7L, dealer installed S/C.

Thanks, Bob

#5 ·
Update. I ended up bringing it to the dealer who installed the S/C. When I got there, the idle was running close to 800 in park. It is always good when an issue is actually occurring when you show someone. LOL The tech hooked it up to his laptop and verified what was occurring. The cause was the throttle was gummed up and sticking. So, he cleaned it and the idle settled down to 650-675.
The service manager brought me out to see the tech and made a point of telling me that the throttle was cleaned and that they weren't going to charge me the $100 they would normally charge for that service. I laughed to myself. The tech had my whole intake system apart 200 miles prior and didn't see anything or think to clean the throttle body while it was apart nor noticed the raised idle when he reprogrammed the ecm, and he thought I would pay for that? I would think the $800 I spent on the install should have already. LMAO
Anyways, the idle is back to normal and running smoothly.

Bob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.