Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm seeking advice on where's the safest location to position jack stands on the front of an 05 Tundra 2WD. I've tried positioning the jack stands on the side frame rails but struggled to get the frame to sit securely on the jack stand. The top of the jack stand is V-Shaped and not flat at all.

As you can see in the pictures, the most recent location I tried is the bracket supporting the front cross member. I've pushed on the truck and it appears to be secure and stable.

Is this safe? Will I damage my truck? Are there jack stands that will work better on the side frame rail?

Thanks in advance for your comments / suggestions. :ts:

http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu9/jsquared22/Tundra/Tundra1.jpg

http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu9/jsquared22/Tundra/Tundra2.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
You might be alright that way, but depends what you are doing to your truck. I've got away with using them on the crossmember before but the frame is better.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You might be alright that way, but depends what you are doing to your truck. I've got away with using them on the crossmember before but the frame is better.
Thanks for the response. I'm doing front brake work, but I'm treating this no differently than if I would be working under the truck.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Love harbor freight.. Looks real secure nothing to worry about there brother

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
When i raise complete front end up i position jack stands on front crossmember then lower truck onto jack stands and leave floor jack in place and touching crossmember for security! never had any issues with movement since weight of front end will be enough to settle any jack stand!

·
Registered
98 Posts
The frame rails are the strongest lift points. I use a small wood block between the jack stand and the frame to get a better contact patch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts