Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the 2007 camry in the dealers for the 2 safety rcealls; Accelerator Bar Reinforcement Bar Installation and Potential floor mat interference with accelerator pedal. They cut the accelerator pedal and it look hideous. :mad:

Have you had your acclerator pedal cut for the safety recall?

If so, what does your pedal look like (pictures please)?

We're very dissatisifed with the workmanship performed on the cut pedal. It's criminal. Looks like rats chewed it. The service manager said "thats the way Toyota wants us to do it". We'll be working with customer service to make reparations (replenishment of a previously inflicted loss by the criminal to the victim). Stay tuned...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is certainly an interim "fix" from our perspective but according to the dealership that performed the mod it is complete per instructions from Toyota.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Looks exaxctly what they announced and showed would be done.........

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its a kludge! I would be ok with the gas pedal mod kludge as an immediate interim action taken for safety with a commitment to replace the defective designed part with a properly designed part when the parts are available in the future. But Toyoda has made no commitment to his customers to replace the defective gas pedals. Toyoda applies a kludge to cover his asre as cheaply as possible with out regard to customer satisfaction.

·
Registered
433 Posts
That's how mine looks like,but now i have the new pedal [email protected] least they said is the new one.My new pedal look shorter but clean.Only take them a week after they hack mine to install the new one.Oh well time will tell.Go back to your dealer and ask when they going to receive the new ones.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's how mine looks like,but now i have the new pedal [email protected] least they said is the new one.My new pedal look shorter but clean.Only take them a week after they hack mine to install the new one.Oh well time will tell.Go back to your dealer and ask when they going to receive the new ones.
Can you show us a picture?

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pedal was reworked tonight. They smoothed it out a bit and trimmed the corner. We're on the list to get a replacement pedal when the new design pedal is available.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Exactly why I'm not letting them touch my pedal. I don't have a pedal interference issue anyway because I'm using the correct floor mat with the correct anchors.

Frankly, I'm surprised people are getting this done.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The pedal modification is actually voluntary but the dealers don't like to say that. All you have to do is make a fuss and they will just note that they told you and not do anything. You can chose to do 1..2.. or all 3 of the "upgrades".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts