Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just "bought" a DC that will be at dealer 90 miles away on 4/23/2007. By trying to locate a dealer who actually had a truck properly configured for me coming in, I've thoroughly pissed off the 2 dealers here in town who, by the way, promised they would get the truck, but hadn't traded for it yet, but have had plenty of time to do so. I finally just wanted to be done with what has been a terrible experience. I've had Infiniti's and then Lexus's for last 15 years and had forgotten what a lousy experience car buying can be. I know there ar5e good salesmen and saleswomen out there; I just didn't find one.

Let's see if the truck shows up when promised, with proper equipment, and if they find some other way I haven't thought of to try to jerk me around.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Just "bought" a DC that will be at dealer 90 miles away on 4/23/2007. By trying to locate a dealer who actually had a truck properly configured for me coming in, I've thoroughly pissed off the 2 dealers here in town who, by the way, promised they would get the truck, but hadn't traded for it yet, but have had plenty of time to do so. I finally just wanted to be done with what has been a terrible experience. I've had Infiniti's and then Lexus's for last 15 years and had forgotten what a lousy experience car buying can be. I know there ar5e good salesmen and saleswomen out there; I just didn't find one.

Let's see if the truck shows up when promised, with proper equipment, and if they find some other way I haven't thought of to try to jerk me around.
Help me understand ... you actually are purchasing it from the dealer 90 miles away, or having it delivered to one of your local dealers? (A dealer trade?)

If one of the two dealer's you supposedly pissed off isn't the selling dealer, then who cares, go get your new truck and be happy. If you specified to a local dealer what you wanted and it was out there and they were unwilling to trade for it, then you did the right thing.

Another scenario: The dealer that has the truck may not be a dealer that one of your local area dealer's likes to trade with or vice versa. Also, the dealer relinquishing the vehicle to be purchased will collect the holdback on the sale.

I like to think of carbuying the way Matt Damon refers to trying his first case in the movie, The Rainmaker. We do all this preparation and think we're ready (to make a deal), but the second we start negotiating in their house, we realize we haven't even been born yet. You gotta' be slick and i"n the know" with showroom lingo, otherwise they'll pin you in a corner.

I worked on the inside at one time and know all the tricks. Don't get me wrong, I've met some great people who simply wanted to provide a good product for a fair price. Unfortunately, the car biz is jaded and nobody trusts anyone.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I dont know what their side of the story is but what matters is that you are getting your truck. If every local customer gave me a chance and I didnt come through, then I wouldnt be mad that they went somewhere else. But that is just me.

as far as what tuntac said, our business is jaded and in some cases should be. I still hear some pretty messed up stories and I hope someday it all goes away but until then, i just do what i do and it works for me.

The thing I find funny about customers is, some think we are lying straight to their faces but they still ask questions. My thing is if you aint going to believe what I am saying, then dont ask me anything, lol

There is no car deal in the world worth my integrity. I have kicked several customers out of my office for even making comments that I might not be truthful with them. The first thing I say is why would you buy a car from me if you thought I was a scum bag that would lie to you. I just dont get that. Anyway, back on topic, I hope you get the truck as promised

Then we can hear about a good sales story for once

·
Registered
154 Posts
I worked on the inside at one time and know all the tricks. Don't get me wrong, I've met some great people who simply wanted to provide a good product for a fair price. Unfortunately, the car biz is jaded and nobody trusts anyone.

Good Luck![/quote]

This has been my experience as well in the 20 odd years I've been buying cars. The car biz is jaded because it was set up that way years ago when the consumer was at a disadvantage. Now that we can get our info on different web sites before we buy a car the scales have tipped , and the dealers dont like it. If you get hosed now a days its your own fault, you have everything you need to bargain for a "fair" deal.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I dont know what their side of the story is but what matters is that you are getting your truck. If every local customer gave me a chance and I didnt come through, then I wouldnt be mad that they went somewhere else. But that is just me.

as far as what tuntac said, our business is jaded and in some cases should be. I still hear some pretty messed up stories and I hope someday it all goes away but until then, i just do what i do and it works for me.

The thing I find funny about customers is, some think we are lying straight to their faces but they still ask questions. My thing is if you aint going to believe what I am saying, then dont ask me anything, lol

There is no car deal in the world worth my integrity. I have kicked several customers out of my office for even making comments that I might not be truthful with them. The first thing I say is why would you buy a car from me if you thought I was a scum bag that would lie to you. I just dont get that. Anyway, back on topic, I hope you get the truck as promised

Then we can hear about a good sales story for once
Excellent points! I still say ... if I lived up in the bay area, I'd buy a vehicle from this guy. No Joke!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts