Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of posting this in the "Pricing and Dealers" section but there is more traffic here and this is borderline.

For those of you in San Diego, where did you buy your Tundras? How was your buying experience; Good or not good experiences, fair deal, etc. Did you shop around? There are quite a few dealers in San Diego County so there is a lot of local competition. Feel free to PM me if you like. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
I was thinking of posting this in the "Pricing and Dealers" section but there is more traffic here and this is borderline.

For those of you in San Diego, where did you buy your Tundras? How was your buying experience; Good or not good experiences, fair deal, etc. Did you shop around? There are quite a few dealers in San Diego County so there is a lot of local competition. Feel free to PM me if you like. Thanks!
I did my shopping around and ended up in Toyota of Escondido. I contacted their fleet/internet sales and scheduled an appointment. Everything went ok, I was treated well, they offerred me $200 over invoice on the 5.7L DC, but too high for me. I was looking into buying a reg cab 5.7L but no stock in the dealership at the time (Feb). About a couple of weeks ago they called me up and they said they will put a reg cab 5.7L base truck on order and they will notify me as soon as the delivery date is available. I kinda set my mind into buying one later in the year or maybe early next year. But who knows, with the right truck and the right price ...
No pressure from these guys. They don't come like gang bangers or pack of wolves. Just nice and easy atmosphere the whole time I was there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ended going to Dianne at Toyota of San Juan Capistrano after dealing with the SD County dealers. The buying experience was similar to Art64 in Escondido. Dianne cut a better deal and the customer service was fantastic.
If you have to buy in SD County I would recommend Toyota of Escondido as well, otherwise it's worth a phone call to SJ Capistrano.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I used Poway toyota, the buying experience was typical, loooooooooong negotiations, I think I got a good price. I wouldnt recommend them for their salesmen, but their service dept is great!

If I had known about Dianne I would of went through her.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used Poway toyota, the buying experience was typical, loooooooooong negotiations, I think I got a good price. I wouldnt recommend them for their salesmen, but their service dept is great!

If I had known about Dianne I would of went through her.
Interesting. Poway is the only dealer I have been to, to see/drive the new Tundra (twice). I only went there because it's close to my work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I went through poway toyota . They gave me a killer deal but there salesman are not knowledgeable at all. But there parts department match my online prices for my exshaust and cai.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Bought mine from Mossy in Pacific Beach. Spoke to the interet manager there. Bob Baker has some decent pricing too. Customer service for all dealers pretty lacking, but for price not bad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts