Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those thinking about SAS'ing their Tundra see my ad in the classifications under FS-Dana 44. The axles are complete end to end.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,362 Posts
For those thinking about SAS'ing their Tundra see my ad in the classifications under FS-Dana 44. The axles are complete end to end.
Don't be tearing that thing down until after the Rubicon run :cool: !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jon, if I can sell these axles for $3K I'll have everything up and ready for the Rubicon with 39" meats. Time frame is 5 weeks from start to finish with the majority of time being down time waiting on the parts. The beast will have spidertrax 9 axles (full floated), Hi9 3rd members w/ARB lockers, Long’s Dana 60 CV joints with his 35 spline 300M axles, hydro-assist, hy-steer and coilovers all around. You know just the normal everyday stuff like you're running. This deal is just too damn good to pass up but I'll have to if I can't sell my current setup. I've got this great offer to just wheel all summer long and show this setup off that I feel like a fool for not just biting the bullet for the extra $3K but then I'd be a damn fool for putting that much money into a rig that performs great with 35" Krawlers and only breaks warn hubs, which is no big deal. There's been absolutely no interest shown in my Dana 44, so right now it looks bleak for this change over and I advised the company that wants to do this for my sick arse that it doesn't look like it will happen but I’ll give it another week and see what happens. I can delay the 1st Moab trip a couple weeks but after that the summer is full.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,362 Posts
Jon, if I can sell these axles for $3K I'll have everything up and ready for the Rubicon with 39" meats. Time frame is 5 weeks from start to finish with the majority of time being down time waiting on the parts. The beast will have spidertrax 9 axles (full floated), Hi9 3rd members w/ARB lockers, Long’s Dana 60 CV joints with his 35 spline 300M axles, hydro-assist, hy-steer and coilovers all around. You know just the normal everyday stuff like you're running. This deal is just too damn good to pass up but I'll have to if I can't sell my current setup. I've got this great offer to just wheel all summer long and show this setup off that I feel like a fool for not just biting the bullet for the extra $3K but then I'd be a damn fool for putting that much money into a rig that performs great with 35" Krawlers and only breaks warn hubs, which is no big deal. There's been absolutely no interest shown in my Dana 44, so right now it looks bleak for this change over and I advised the company that wants to do this for my sick arse that it doesn't look like it will happen but I’ll give it another week and see what happens. I can delay the 1st Moab trip a couple weeks but after that the summer is full.
I hear ya! If it doesn't work out for you, pass them my name and I will send my junk to them to pimp out!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,873 Posts
I hear ya! If it doesn't work out for you, pass them my name and I will send my junk to them to pimp out!
Yours is already pimped out. Send them my name. LOL!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
859 Posts
dumb question, but have you posted the axels on pirate? My roomate sold his 44 with a similiar setup in about a week...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've had few lookers but no real offers, as of today. I've pulled the trigger on getting the rear setup. If my axles don't sell by next week (and I don't think they will) I'll just regear the D44 and be done with it for the summer. I've decided on 5:14 gears, just in case the future holds a front-end upgrade.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top