Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You will have to forgive me if this sounds like a stupid question but I have been in the hospital in a near death condition and don't care if it is stupid. See what happened here, Untitled Document

My wife and I hardly ever listen to the radio so we oped out of the Satellite radio. I have not had a chance to check it out but she says when ever she does listen using the steering wheel it wants to always go to satellite even though she has it set on FM. I looked at the SR5 10 book and it makes no sense to me but it may be that I can't focus on problems yet.

SO, is there any easy solution I can tell her to try, some way to make the satellite radio go away. Right now I can not disassemble anything so it needs to be something she can do.

Thanks

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
You probably have a 90 day free trial for Sat radio. What happens when you hit the mode button? It'll eventually 'go away' if no one paid for it.

Was your doc any good? Medary or who was it?

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
While not specifically familiar with your stereo, it should cycle via some sort of mode option.

If your trial recently expired, they may still be sending the signal to you in hopes you are just slow to pay. Eventually, they will disconnect Sat svc.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now I know what's going on but still can't fix it. The radio is on FM and has pre-set stations on it that my wife set. When she uses the up or down control on the steering wheel it works until she reaches the last pre-set station and then it jumps to satellite instead of going back to the first pre-set FM station.

Satellite is dead as we canceled it. Any ideas???

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
Now I know what's going on but still can't fix it. The radio is on FM and has pre-set stations on it that my wife set. When she uses the up or down control on the steering wheel it works until she reaches the last pre-set station and then it jumps to satellite instead of going back to the first pre-set FM station.

Satellite is dead as we canceled it. Any ideas???
When it jumps to Sat, is there actual reception of just blank / dead silence? Did you program that last button to a real FM station? I dont think it should automatically go bakc to the first pre-set.

Did you check the manual? Maybe you're just frustrated and the manual explains it?

Worst case scenario, pull in to one of the local service depts. No need to go back up to Deland. Ask a svc writer if they can check it quickly or have any answers. Either way, still under warranty.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When it jumps to Sat, is there actual reception of just blank / dead silence? Did you program that last button to a real FM station? I dont think it should automatically go bakc to the first pre-set.

Did you check the manual? Maybe you're just frustrated and the manual explains it?

Worst case scenario, pull in to one of the local service depts. No need to go back up to Deland. Ask a svc writer if they can check it quickly or have any answers. Either way, still under warranty.

Yes I am frustrated as I have and am going through a lot. I would love to just tear out the satellite tuner but I can't do that now. I have read the book several times and will keep reading it. My wife says, "please just make it, (the satellite) go away"!

I'll keep working on it and any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
Do make sure that the last preset is acutally programmed to an FM station.

Otherwise, make effort to relax until your health improves. Then, whatever side of town your on, drive it into the 436 or the W 50 dealership and ask the service department. Hopefully it is something simple that we are missing and they have the answer while you wait. best of luck.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do make sure that the last preset is acutally programmed to an FM station.

Otherwise, make effort to relax until your health improves. Then, whatever side of town your on, drive it into the 436 or the W 50 dealership and ask the service department. Hopefully it is something simple that we are missing and they have the answer while you wait. best of luck.
spenser24, I actually made it into the car today in the garage and played around with the radio. I think you hit the nail on the head on the last pre-set. I reset all the stations in FM and it works perfect. Like I said before my mind is on another planet at the moment, thanks a bunch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts