Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, started checking around for a new battery for my crewmax today and decided to go with the Diehard Platinum P5 from sears since it is the same as the odyssey. Just thought I would let you know Sears has 10% off this weekend if you use your sears card. I'm having mine put in tomorrow.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hey guys, started checking around for a new battery for my crewmax today and decided to go with the Diehard Platinum P5 from sears since it is the same as the odyssey. Just thought I would let you know Sears has 10% off this weekend if you use your sears card. I'm having mine put in tomorrow.

What was wrong with your old battery?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What was wrong with your old battery?

Acid going everywhere from cheap azz OEM. Instead of having toyota replace with another piece of crap I will just buy a good one. Probably be keeping the truck a long time anyway!

·
Registered
598 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Acid going everywhere from cheap azz OEM. Instead of having toyota replace with another piece of crap I will just buy a good one. Probably be keeping the truck a long time anyway!
Buying a new battery over a free replacement? Owned many new Toyota's and never had a problem with an OEM battery before the 7 year mark. Actually my OEM's last longer than any aftermarket I've purchased, Die Hard included. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
297 Posts
It's being put in?

Your man card; give me it.

Here's my Platinum:

Attachments

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
OEM Toyota batteries are made by Exide and are of the worst quality. I have two Tundras and both were leaking within six months of delivery. :td:

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
OEM Toyota batteries are made by Exide and are of the worst quality. I have two Tundras and both were leaking within six months of delivery. :td:
Can't agree more!
After FREE inspections at the dealership they never even brought this issue to my attention for the last 30k. I assume they will not give me a new for free, otherwise it would be already on the truck:dry3d:

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Had mine serviced every time by dealer, have 28k on the truck, and the damn thing was almost all white with corosion. I know they had to see it but never cleaned it or told me a thing about it. Could have really messed up the metal and fuse box. Seems like they wanted it to cause me problems down the road. Looking for a good closed type now.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Buying a new battery over a free replacement? Owned many new Toyota's and never had a problem with an OEM battery before the 7 year mark. Actually my OEM's last longer than any aftermarket I've purchased, Die Hard included. Just my 2 cents.

Yeah I could get a free replacement but it would do the same thing so I will go ahead and get a sealed one and a free 4 year replacement and no acid going everywhere!

·
Registered
275 Posts
I agree. My 1998 Camry has the original battery. Still going strong.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It has not leaked at all in 12 years. My wife's RAV4 battery hasn't leaked in 5 years and my Tundra's battery hasn't leaked in 2 years.

My crewmax was bought in march of 07 and has 16,700 miles on it and has acid everywhere.
Probably shouldn't happen with that low a mileage but what the hell!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Once you go Optima you never go back

1 - 20 of 25 Posts