Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
thank goodness. it survived alot longer than i thought it would though. kinda reminds me of an old subaru brat or somethign equally as repulsive.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
It was definitly time to do a new generation or to end it. I'm glad they ended it!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I used to hate these things when they first came out but honestly they kinda started to grow on me. Some models looked kinda nice.

I saw this over the weekend and had to get a shot of it...

·
Registered
28 Posts
yeah they're not the greatest on exterior design, but if you ever drove one i bet you would change your mind. With the four wheel independant suspension they ride so much better than my tundra.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Nasty looking truck, but like Dex said, it did look "okay" toward the end... but then again, the '10 Tundra looks better than the '07 IMO. Jiust the little styling differences.

WIth that said, our IrishWolfhound towers over my cab haha.

-rockstate

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
Most of you guys are comparing it as a "truck". It's really an SUV (Pilot) w/ a small bed. A buddy of mine in Tenn has one and loves it. The AWD works flawlessly and the ride is very comfortable. The interior is a little more 'stiff' than my Pilot but still comfy.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I think the latest generation Chevys are uglier.

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
LOL - This is a potentially good poll thread - Who likes it / Who doesn't

I actually like it, and DID test drive it back in '07 before I bought my '07 Tundra. I thought it was a really cool and innovative "truck" and at the time (before kids) I didn't need a ton of room, and it was as comparatively big inside as the '07 DC I bought. If it would have had a bigger / more powerful engine, and a slightly longer bed (or a "mid-gate" like the Avalanche) I would have bought it. The lockable in-bed trunk was a great idea, and one I'd love to see in my truck now.

My wife drives an '04 Pilot, and it's a fantastic vehicle. It's got about 50k miles on it now, and we just had the brakes/rotors replaced. The only other thing it needed was a battery, and the interior space is just fine for us & our 2 boys. Honda's interiors always seem more lackluster and utilitarian (less flashy), but u can't deny the overall quality of their cars.

I think the Ridgeline could have done alot better with a bigger engine. That, and the longer bed, although it was only 6" shorter than my CM's bed now.

Anyhow... they could be made to look nice:

·
Registered
420 Posts
I like them, my neighbor has one, it is a really useful vehicle for somone who does not really want a truck but wants more utility than a SUV. The drivetrain is great as well for what it is.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I hated them.... Kinda still do...
But they must be pretty awesome, as I rarely ever see any for sale.... Owners seem to hold onto them...

·
Registered
598 Posts
I kinda liked them....:behindsofa:

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I can see how they could be useful for some people, but I never did like them. Much like the Avalanche.

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
They have their place and benefits. I honestly don't care enough about what other folks drive to worry too much about it.

·
Registered
655 Posts
hondas run just as good as our toyotas,the diffrence is,men drive tundras,and yuppies drive hondas!!lol :cool:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts