Toyota Tundra Forums banner

6101 - 6113 of 6113 Posts

·
Registered
8,443 Posts

In the early 1960s my compadre started smoking cigarettes at age 12 ~ he wanted to be cool like the big kids.
He quickly became addicted and whenever the subject of quitting came up as a topic of conversation he'd say;

"Quitting smoking is really easy ~ I've done it 4 or 5 times already !"

And he was as serious as a heart attack.

Hey, if it was easy then everybody'd be doing it . . .

·
Registered
8,443 Posts
If smoking marijuana causes short-term memory loss, what does smoking marijuana cause?

·
Registered
8,443 Posts

Swing and a misfire for Honda Civic engine diagnosis
Click & Clack Ray Magliozzi
Dear Car Talk:
I bought gas from Sam’s and my 2001 Honda Civic started misfiring. I changed the spark plugs and air filter, then put Heet gas treatment and injector cleaner in the tank, but the engine is still misfiring. — AJ
It’s less likely that the misfiring was caused by Sam’s gasoline and more likely that it’s related to the fact that your car is 18 years old.
The first thing I’d hope for is a bad ignition coil. If the car is misfiring continuously (for example, if it’s misfiring at idle) it’s easy to test for that. While it’s running, try unplugging one ignition coil at time. Each time you remove a coil, the engine should run worse. So, if you disconnect one coil and nothing changes, that’s likely the bad one.
You can test this further by replacing that particular coil. If the car then runs perfectly, you’re all set. If it’s still misfiring, then you could have a valve that’s too tight in that cylinder, or if it’s been too tight for a while, you could have a valve that’s burned out. Another possibility is that you have a timing belt that jumped.
But check the coils first, AJ.

6101 - 6113 of 6113 Posts