Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm planning to buy a scan tool (code reader) and I don't know if the Equus 3130 will work on the Tundra, anyone has it? Or maybe you can suggest another brand (under 200$ please)
everytime I need a scan tool I have to pay 20-30$ to use it!!

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
I have the scan gauge in my truck, checks codes mph, rpm, gph mpg

Attachments

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have the scan gauge II also, and love it. Use it mostly for mpg and load on the motor when pulling my trailer. I think I have a pic in my gallery. Also reads codes:)

·
Registered
961 Posts
Do you have a laptop? IF so there are some USB scan cables out there. They are far superior to handheld stuff, and they cost about the same. OBDScan has them for around $130.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have the scan gauge II also, its good for what it is. But it will not pull all engine codes. You will get a generic 0000 code. You would have to get a more specific one to get all the codes.

·
Premium Member
1,217 Posts
Where is the best place to buy those Scan Gauge II at? Best price you have found?
Mike

·
Registered
174 Posts
I just bought an Actron 9175 scanner off of ebay from an outfit called Joey's Wholesale. They sell all kinds of industrial tools. I stopped in at my local Autozone about a month ago to read a code that turned out to be caused by a bad gas cap, and I looked to see what the guy was using. It was an Actron scanner. The 9175 that I bought came with a free USB cable to download updates from the internet. I think that I paid about $90 for it, plus shipping.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts