Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While at my local aftermarket shop, the owner told me some scanning tools are not fully functional on older trucks.

I was wondering if anybody has used the Scanguage on a 2000?

If so, was it fully functional?

Does it tell you things like trans temp?

·
Registered
340 Posts
While at my local aftermarket shop, the owner told me some scanning tools are not fully functional on older trucks.

I used it on my 01, and there are some things that do not work, manifold pressure and...something else that I could care less about. It clears the codes fine. It seems like he may have been trying to convince you to get something more expensive? Or maybe you misunderstood and he was talking about vehicles w/o OBD2?

·
Registered
459 Posts
I use it on my 2000 Tundra. The only 2 things that are not reported are manifold pressure and fuel pressure. All the other functions work. It does not do transmission temp.
Fuel Economy GPH :tu:
Fuel Economy MPG :tu:
Fuel Rate :td:
Battery Voltage :tu:
Coolant Temperature :tu:
Intake Air Temperature :tu:
Engine Speed (RPM) :tu:
Vehicle speed (MPH) :tu:
Manifold Pressure (not available on some vehicles) :td:
Engine Load :tu:
Throttle Position :tu:
Ignition Timing :tu:
Open/Closed Loop :tu:

·
Premium Member
11,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used it on my 01, and there are some things that do not work, manifold pressure and...something else that I could care less about. It clears the codes fine. It seems like he may have been trying to convince you to get something more expensive? Or maybe you misunderstood and he was talking about vehicles w/o OBD2?
He gave me an example of an F-150, where the guage wouldn't read trouble codes, but on a newer model it would.

He was just warning me not to waste my money, to call the manufacturer first, then buy. He said the Scanguage II was a good unit, and actually steered me away from a couple in his catalogue, he said they were expensive and wouldn't offer as many options.

·
Premium Member
332 Posts

Looking at the SG II manual, & relying on my somewhat feeble memory, the only
items on the list not reported on my '00 are fuel pressure & manifold pressure. (It sure would be nice to see MAP). Transmission Temp isn't available.

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Looking at the SG II manual, & relying on my somewhat feeble memory, the only
items on the list not reported on my '00 are fuel pressure & manifold pressure. (It sure would be nice to see MAP). Transmission Temp isn't available.
Sorry, I didn't see Mostsleek's post.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I think your dealer is talking about older Fords with the EEC-IV system, which is non-OBDII.

All vehicles '96 and up are OBD-II and scangauge will work with them. The unit does not kick out manifold pressure and fuel pressure because the 4.7 doesn't have a MAP sensor (MAF is used instead) and it doesn't have a fuel pressure sensor. I believe that the latest Scangauge versions are supposed to read trans temp. Older units can be sent in for an upgrade. Check with Scangauge on this.

It will read and clear all generic OBD-II codes. Manufacturer specific codes may or may not be picked up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts