Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is true that there is no negotiating price with a scion and the prices are already set? My sister went to the dealership and they claim there is no negotiation on the price as they are already set. Is this true? I have never heard of no negotiating.:eek: :confused:

·
Registered
47 Posts
It is true that there is no negotiating price with a scion and the prices are already set? My sister went to the dealership and they claim there is no negotiation on the price as they are already set. Is this true? I have never heard of no negotiating.:eek: :confused:
The pricing is called Pure Price. Dealers are supposed to use the MSRPs plus accessories and fees, and post the prices where they can be seen.

The cost of accessories and their installation can vary from dealer to dealer, and the various and total fees can vary a LOT. And the requirement to post these prices is satisfied by burying them in the dealer's website somewhere. So there is no negotiation with one dealer, but you can probably find a different total price from another dealer.

One dealer included 4 fees in my purchase order, totalling $900. When I questioned them, he said to go elsewhere. I did, and saved $500 in fees at the next dealer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It is simple to get a great deal on a new car if you know where to go. You can try going to each car dealership and asking, but that is a long task if you live in Atlanta like me. There is actually a site I found where it shows all the prices and lets you compare cars. That is how I found my Scion dealership.

·
Registered
724 Posts
2015 Scion tC 2dr HB Man GAITHERSBURG | Fitzgerald Auto Mall

Here is an example of a dealer who posts the actual sale price online. Many others require you to fill out an online form to get the price.

In this case, it includes rebates, but the sale price is $2,000 below MSRP. I bought from these guys several years ago, and it was a pretty painless process.

You can also try truecar.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts