Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a scar on the face of excellence here. Bad boating day....I dont really want to talk much about it.! Anyway its about 2 1/2 inchs long and a 1/2 inch wide and not to deep but through the paint, noticeable divot. Has anybody used like a scratch repair kit from autozone? Can someone walk me through the process? I would like think it never happened.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
I have a scar on the face of excellence here. Bad boating day....I dont really want to talk much about it.! Anyway its about 2 1/2 inchs long and a 1/2 inch wide and not to deep but through the paint, noticeable divot. Has anybody used like a scratch repair kit from autozone? Can someone walk me through the process? I would like think it never happened.
Thanks

Can the scratch catch your fingernail when you run it across it? If so, then you need to call a bodyshop, if not then it can be polished.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Face it Zeke....your truck is bodyshop bound. Expect 2-3 day turn around time and approx $300 -$450 in repairs, unless you get a police report and turn it in as vandalism in your insurance depending on your deductable....:tu:

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
Face it Zeke....your truck is bodyshop bound. Expect 2-3 day turn around time and approx $300 -$450 in repairs, unless you get a police report and turn it in as vandalism in your insurance depending on your deductable....:tu:

Not yet it isnt, let him answer my question and I can figure out whether it can be done by him.

BTW-What color is the truck?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry it took so long to get back.... fingernail barley catches its not that deep. some of the guys I work with say I can easily fix it myself but I wanted to see if anyone has used a small scratch repair kit and if the turn out was good or not.

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
Get some scratch-X from autozone and rub the length of the scratch and see if that helps. If not you can touchup paint and 3000grit wetsand/polish the area to remove the scratch.

I havent used the kit from autozone, but I'm sure it's decent.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts