Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Well, I traded in my Tundra today for a new F-150. I've had a great time here and have enjoyed participating in a lot of discussions. I'll still hang out here I'm sure. Just time for a change for me and who knows, I may get another Tundra someday (especially if they bring out a diesel).

Thanks guys! :tu:

Ken

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
Congrats Ken. Hope you enjoy the new truck.

·
Registered
754 Posts
congrats why the 150 and not the 250? Hey at least you wont have to worry about the AIP now :D let us suckers worry about it.
Hi everyone,

Well, I traded in my Tundra today for a new F-150. I've had a great time here and have enjoyed participating in a lot of discussions. I'll still hang out here I'm sure. Just time for a change for me and who knows, I may get another Tundra someday (especially if they bring out a diesel).

Ken

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Hi everyone,

Ken

seadragon,

Congrats on the new F-150 and stick around and ... let us know how you like your new ride. ... :D

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Congrats man. Let's see some pics of 'er!

My buddy got an F150 for 10grand off sticker and they absolutely love it.

-rockstate

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys!

I got 12K off sticker due to incentives and a relative's X Plan employee discount. I pick it up tomorrow night. Its getting Line-X before I take delivery.

It's a 2010 F-150 4x4 FX4 Super Crew short box (5.5 ft) with the 5.4L engine. It has the FX4 luxury pkg which adds heated leather seats, SYNC, and a bunch of other stuff. It also has movable pedals and the legroom is unbelievable. I actually have to bring the seat forward to get comfortable and that almost never happens. I also sat in a Dodge Ram, but legroom wasn't enough. I don't know how legroom is measured. If you look at the numbers, the Tundra has 1 more inch that the Ford, but in reality, the F-150 has way more legroom. They must not measure the same way or something.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. :tu: I really like the last pic that you posted. It shows the two side by side...Tundra vs. Ford. Just my .02 but, WOW, the 2007 Tundra, body style, still looks better than the new F150. Much success with the F150. I like the F150s' too. In fact...I also own one. It's about 2 series ago old, 2000 model, but it is still going strong and I drive it everyday. Question...Ford is supposed to have a NEWLY DESIGNED engine that is capable of dropping half the cylinders on highway miles to get EXCELLENT gas mileage on the highway. Does yours have that? If so...please hang around and let us all know how it performs. Thanks and wish you all the best!

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrats on the new ride. :tu: I really like the last pic that you posted. It shows the two side by side...Tundra vs. Ford. Just my .02 but, WOW, the 2007 Tundra, body style, still looks better than the new F150. Much success with the F150. I like the F150s' too. In fact...I also own one. It's about 2 series ago old, 2000 model, but it is still going strong and I drive it everyday. Question...Ford is supposed to have a NEWLY DESIGNED engine that is capable of dropping half the cylinders on highway miles to get EXCELLENT gas mileage on the highway. Does yours have that? If so...please hang around and let us all know how it performs. Thanks and wish you all the best!
Thanks for the good wished jaagee!

The engine does not have cylinder deactivation as far as I know. The Tundra still looks the best I think. The F-150 looks great too, but is much more boxy for sure. I'll be sure to post my observations once I start driving it and I'll be interested to see the fuel economy. It should be about the same I believe.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Enjoy that 310 horsepower rocket.... :pound:

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I also purchased the 72 month/160,000 km bumper to bumper warranty and pre-paid maintenance where essentially everything is covered. Even things like wiper blades. All I have to do is make the payments and put gas in it. It has a 136 Liter (36 gallon) tank so filling it up from near empty will hurt. But I won't have to stop at the gas station as often I guess.

·
Registered
820 Posts
good looking new ride. hope it serves you well. if you dont mind me asking, how much are the new fords going for?

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Ya sorry you traded, but please keep us informed on the compairison between the two!! Would love to hear what you think about the diffrences. :)

thanks and hope you stick around!!!

chucky

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Definitely, I'll give a full and honest review after I drive it for a bit.

On the visual side, one thing I don't like about the Ford is that they don't use wheel wells on the rear. It just looks strange to be able to see through it and they have small rods that brace the bed sides. Not a big deal, but just something I noticed almost immediately.

The prices for the F150 range from about 27K for a basic 2wd to about 60K for a loaded Platinum. My FX4 had a sticker price of 50K.

I paid 38K for the truck (Cdn). I got 24K for the Tundra which paid that loan off completely. So, I'm quite happy with how the numbers worked out.

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Good luck, my last Ford was a 2004 F-150, and I haven't missed it! On the + side: that 5.4L has a pretty big aftermarket... maybe if you buy enough add-ons it'll be as fast as your Tundra.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Congrats on the new ride and I'm glad you got the truck you wanted. However, it would be hard for me to go to that engine after being in the 5.7l. Hope you enjoy it and you should check back in and let us know how it's doing.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Congratulations on your new purchase. Looking forward to reading your future assessment of the Ford :)

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Maybe it's just me, but my truck doesn't feel any faster than a 5.4 F150.... I know it is, but other than the excellent low end torque around 2-3K rpm, it isn't any faster... it is the heavy BFGs and brush guard talking though.

-rockstate

1 - 20 of 90 Posts