Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked up a can of seafoam and pour it down the pcv line but the engine ran just like normal. I let it sit for 10 minutes, started it, and NO SMOKE! I then ran the rest of the can through the brake booster, let it sit, and smoked the hell out of it.

My question is why didn't the pcv line work and where does it go? Should I be concerned about changing my oil now because I used the pcv line?

·
Registered
842 Posts
not sure about the PVC line..but you where supposed to run it through the brake booster vacuum line like u did second. seafoam is good stuff btw

·
Premium Member
2,388 Posts
My concern with stuff like this flooded into the intake is what does it contaminate on the way out like the O2 sensors and the cat components? Never seen or read anything about those results. Doesn't seem like a good idea to me unless they specifically mention that in their instructions and weasel words.

Larry

·
Registered
391 Posts
Seafoam isn't a snake oil, it really works and is safe for 02 sensors. If you're not using it, IMOP you're missing out on a great product which I have used every oil change on all my vehicles for over 5 years. Give it a shot.

As for down the PCV, you're essentially cleaning your crankcase now with the seafoam, which is another safe application for it. You've put it in the oil by pouring it down the crankcase ventilation port (or whatever you want to call it). However, you can't go 3,000 miles like that. I'd plan on changing the oil like this week. Read the can to see how much they say for you to drive on it to clean the crankcase.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for your help guys

i changed the oil today so I only drove about 20 miles with the seafoam in the crankcase.

·
Registered
842 Posts
so it turned out good then..im sure your truck runs alot smoother now, like i said, seafoam is a great product

·
Registered
312 Posts
PCV line or brake booster line--either is fine. I used that stuff on an old truck I had before and it worked great. You drive around for the first 20 miles or so looking like a mosquito truck spraying from the tailpipes, but it does clean things out and make the motor run smoother...

·
Registered
70 Posts
I just ran some through a vacuum port on the intake near the throttle body. It is not used and capped off. Took the cap off and ran seafoam into it. I have always been a believer of doing combustion chamber services........if done the propper way! Seafoam is awesome stuff!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts