Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used this stuff on my last vehicle *97 accord* and it worked wonders up down, left and right on every aspect of operations. You can use it in your tranny before you change the fluid, put it in your gas tank, suck it up through your vacuum hose, etc...

My question is this; will it screw anything up in my 06 ac 4.7 tundra? I'm assuming not, but I'm just assuming there is a possibility of something going awry because this is a much more complex vehicle :apc: as opposed to an accord.

If there's anyone that uses seafoam, let me know, because I've been dying to use some on my truck to see what could be freed up.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I have heard on the rare occasion that people who have used it have messed up the mass air flow sensor, but that wasnt on these trucks.

I used it on an old carb bronco, my T100, an old buick, my quad, lawnmower, generator, everything and never any issues.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
I have heard using it on your throttle body can cause a lot of smoking on your exhaust, I have never used it though. If you search around the throttle body cleaning threads, you should find some mention of it. There are a lot of sensors to deal with, and I"m not sure if that stuff is bad for cats.

·
E PLURIBUS UNUM
2,247 Posts
If it screws with your maf... you put it in the wrong place. It should go into a vacuum line that feeds all cylinders. There should be NO interaction with your MAF whatsoever. The biggest risk with seafoam lies in older vehicles with o2 sensors on the way out. Sometimes that amount of smoke coming through the pipe can push and old sensor over the edge, but seafoam is great stuff! I used it every 15k in all my vehicles. Never in the oil and never in the gas tank or the tranny, but solely on vacuum lines.... just personal preference

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
dont worry about the "complex" 4.7. lot of us used it in C5 corvettes....much more complex. aint gonna hurt nothin as long as u do it right. now if you drown the motor in it by sucking too much at once it could lead to problems but following instructions wont hurt a thing and clean the booger right up.

i used it on my vette around 90k miles and on a neon at 150k miles. its fun to smoke up the neighborhood hehehe

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I've used it about twice already and nothing bad so far. Smoked like crazy, and I mean crazy!! It looked like the house was on fire lol! Seemed to be a little touchier according to the butt dyno. I also used it once in the oil right before changing it, I couldn't really tell if it did anything there, but I like to think so which works for me ha!!

·
Registered
336 Posts
You mean that stuff is for vehicles? I gave some to my son for his surf board!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I used to run Sea Foam, now all I buy is B12 Chem...Pretty much the same thing, and about a third of the price...I use it in lawn mower, weed eater, car, motorcycle, and now the Truck...Only in the gas, never tried putting it in the trans, oil, or anyplace else...

Anyone have comments about the B12? Suppose I should start a new thread to see...

·
Registered
341 Posts
I'd recommend Seafoam for higher-mileage vehicles, but I doubt you'd see much benefit in running it through your '06.

Clean off your throttle plate first. If it looks really dirty, then I'd suggest introducing it into the intake manifold. If you're throttle plate isn't bad, I'd say postpone the Seafoam to later. Some in the gas, now, though, may be worthwhile.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I used to run that stuff on my old bass boat and man that suzuki it had on it smoked like crazy, the exhaust was literally black with an 18" of nasty oil/grease lol.... I think seafoam wont damage ur truck.

·
Registered
374 Posts
i have used it on 93 mr2, 05 tundra, 05 camry, 06 sequoia, etc with no issues whatsoever. cleans out intake quite well and restores lost power from carbon buildup. aslo helps improve mileage. ive noticed both of these positives so take it for what its worth.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts