Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a regular cab Tundra. I replaced the horrible bench seat with a 60-40 from another Tundra. The seat belt wires did not match so I did not hook them up. I now have the SRS or airbag warning light on. I wondered if anyone else has run into this or if it's an unrelated issue.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
910 Posts
That's funny...I swapped a bench for buckets and didn't hook up any of the wiring. No warning lights.

Is the yellow airbag light on or are you talking about the fasten seatbelt icon?

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
Does it have a passenger side airbag as well? I disabled my seatbelt light by cutting wires on the seat buckle where the belt attaches. I tried the same for the passenger side, however the wiring is somehow tied into the airbag and weight sensor, and the airbag wouldnt activate if i had a passenger in there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It does have a passenger air bag and I bet your correct. Now how to hook the darn thing up so the light goes out. If there are any guru's out there i'd sure appreciate any tips!

In my 02 Tundra I did the same without issue. My 05 however is a V8 and seems to have more lights and gizmos.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts