Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get seat covers for my Tundra and I thought I was going to get Wet Okole or Coverking neoprene covers but now I'm not so sure. I only have one truck and use it for both work and pleasure (lots of camping, mountain biking, kayaking, etc) so the seats will see a lot of use and everything from dusty to wet (I take off my coveralls if they are greasy/oily). I want something that is easy to clean, durable, comfortable and still looks good so I thought that the neoprene was the way to go but now I'm worried that it will be too hot during the summer and cause "sweaty-butt-and-back-syndrome". I haven't heard much of it but I would think the neoprene would stink too when its hot.
I'm not sure what Coverking's leatherette covers are like but I assume they are vinyl and imagine they are equally bad if not worse in the heat and also very stiff in the cold. I see temperatures as high as 100 and down to -45 in the winter.

Could those who have the neoprene please comment on how you find them in hot weather, both comfort and any smell.

Also if anyone has any experience with the leatherette please share as they would certainly be easier to clean.

I thought about the katskinz re-uphostry but can't justify that. Maybe I'd be better with just a cheaper cotton/poly cover and a towels when wet?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well for what it's worth, I've decided to save my money for now. I'm going to treat the fabric with Scotchguard or prefferably 303 fabric protector if I can find it, and just get a single super-cheapo slip on cover for my seat for when I'm at work. If I feel like spending the money maybe I'll get the katskinz leather uphostery next year, otherwise when the seats start wearing out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts