Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm going to buy the Champ's of Texas off ebay for my driver seat pretty soon. Eyeballing the photos, the color looks more correct than others I've seen and I don't have to order the full set.. Example link below:

·
Registered
21 Posts
I bought Wet Akole covers for my daughter’s Corolla and they fit like a glove. So much so, I had to remove all four seats to install them properly. They’re waterproof neoprene and have tons of color combination option. They’re pricey at $600-700, but they should last the lifetime of your vehicle. You would have to look very closely to even see they’re covers and not the actual seats.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Who has them and how do you like them? Bought some but returned them as they did not fit right/arm rest.
I have a 2003 Sequoia with gray leather interior. Typical problem: cracked seat leather and the armrests wore through to the foam. I live in Houston and there are a lot of auto upholstery shops around town. Took mine to a hole-in-the wall shop I found on Facebook Marketplace (searched Auto Upholstery) and had them replace only the worn out surfaces with gray vinyl which will never wear out. I had them do only the two front seats where your behind touches, and the backrest where your back touches (but not the rear of the seat because that was okay), and the side of the seat which was cracked near the power seat adjustment knobs. And of course they re-covered the two front arm rests. I like the vinyl better than leather actually because I know it's just really durable and feels similar to leather. Cost for all that was around $400 or $500 I believe. So glad I did it. You also need to consider the air bags that I think might be incorporated in the seat. How will those work if you go with seat covers? Not too well, which is why I replaced my worn out leather with vinyl.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The ones I got for my daughter have the breakaways built in for airbags. I didn’t know about some of the airbags that were in her front seats and called in a panic because the covers are custom made. They told me even though I didn't specify correctly, they knew about them already based on the car’s year.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I spent a small fortune on an new driver-side bottom cushion and leather cover, top leather cover, passenger-side bottom leather cover for a 2001 Tundra. Tried 3 different seat covers to protect the new leather. The last version almost fit, but it still will pop out of place if I twist and slide out of the seat. It is basically a work truck so I want covers that I can toss after a couple years of wear and tear. So, yeah, looking for a better solution, too

·
Registered
2002 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4x4
171 Posts
Tried 3 different seat covers to protect the new leather. The last version almost fit, but it still will pop out of place if I twist and slide out of the seat.
If you're putting a seat cover over leather, I would suggest putting in a layer of kitchen drawer liner, specifically the rubbery kind, between the seat and the cover. This gives the cover something to grip on so it won't slide as easily and isn't thick enough to feel through the cover.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Or just do like Houston Guy did above, use the seats till they are ripped up and get them re upholstered.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The junkyards here sell the seat cover for about $5 each, but the leather in these cars is of such poor quality. I looked at a dozen examples over the last few months and they were all worse than my drivers seat cushion. I did score these for a similar age Jetta today for $13 total. They will clean up like new. Just hope I can find similar Sequoia ones soon.

Hood Vehicle Wood Motor vehicle Beige

1 - 13 of 13 Posts