Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who can tell me what functions this seat offers? This is a drivers seat from an 07 SR5 I found on the internet.

The only thing my seat does is slide forward/backward and then the seat back reclines. This seat has two extra knobs. One is round and then the other lever. What do they do? Does the entire seat raise and lower?

I've been wanting to add a power drivers seat but haven't found anyone that's done it yet so if this offers the same functions, it should be a unbolt/bolt process as long as I can find a used one in the right color.

And does anyone know what year models this seat was available? Is it still being made in the '10 models and has the bolt pattern changed in the floor for mounting?

Attachments

·
Registered
570 Posts
one of those is for lumbar. It auto inflates, and on the other side of the lever, deflates. If the seat is hooked up to electrical, I assume it would work. Not sure what the other button/knob is for... but I have this truck.

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
That same seat is in my '07 DC Bench seat.
The round knob make the front of the seat raise or lower.
Pivoting from the rear.
The lever raises the whole seat on an almost 45* angle twowards the steering wheel.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
one of those is for lumbar. It auto inflates, and on the other side of the lever, deflates. If the seat is hooked up to electrical, I assume it would work. Not sure what the other button/knob is for... but I have this truck.
wrong.

the lumbar is a small rocker style switch....not on this seat.

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good grief, how many different seats does the Tundra have????

I'd love to find a cloth power seat like the one I've attached here.

Also, I found one similar to the first one I attached but it shows a power lumbar button. Maybe the first one did also but the picture wasn't low enough to show it.

Did Toyota make a cloth power seat for the passenger side??? I thought I seen one at some point. Maybe in a Sequoia. IDK....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I found a seat. Power, cloth, tan. Only $250 and still has the airbags. The only problem is that it's very very dirty. Not sure it can be cleaned. I'd have to put a cover over it, which isn't all bad but for me it's the thought of having something stained underneath my arse when the rest of my truck is spotless. Not sure what to do. It's the exact seat I've been looking for, the price is cheap, they sent me several pictures of it and the salvage yard that has it is only 108 miles away.

I also remember something about the 07's having squeaks or rattles in the seat track, which mine never has..... argh!!! what to do, what to do......

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
You could clean the seat, I know the car washes around here will clean the seats for you. Of course I haven't seen the seat but I would think you could get it clean, and if you want put a seat cover on. Seems like a pretty good price considering it still has the air bags.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts