Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking that if I shim the bolts a little on the rear upright seat backs I am able to install a slim line powered sub to help out the audio a bit. Wondering if anyone has used one of the Kicker 8" powered subs and thoughts on it.

Light Font Line Rectangle Output device

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I installed a compact Kenwood sub under the passenger seat in my 2007 Tundra, it sounds great without being obnoxious and booming. View attachment 156475 View attachment 156476
Wife rides in the passenger seat an told me " I dont want my butt vibrating" ,so I am going for the rear seat mod. Plus I worry about it getting kicked into the air bag seat sensor wiring for the pass seat.

·
Driver of 2 Tundra trucks
6,541 Posts
Wife rides in the passenger seat an told me " I dont want my butt vibrating" ,so I am going for the rear seat mod. Plus I worry about it getting kicked into the air bag seat sensor wiring for the pass seat.
I don't have a back seat in either of my Tundra trucks, so under the passenger seat was my only option. As for vibrating the butt, chicks dig it ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
🤣 I can see where the appeal would be, but, better to comply with her request to relocate it, than it is to deal with her disgruntled for needing to scotchguard the fabric.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, will start the new year with new sound... will be at the lake over the weekend so the install will have to wait a few days. I will do a install update with pictures to see how it goes getting it behind the seat.
Package delivery Shipping box Wood Automotive exterior Bumper

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So ended up having to use the storage well under the rear seat. I wasn't aware that there was a "rib" running across the back of the cab behind the seat backs.
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Trunk Motor vehicle

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
But the wiring is routed under the carpet using an access hole by the anchor points on the upper left side.
Automotive tire Tints and shades Gas Terrestrial plant Wire
under the kick rails in the chennel for the harness...
Motor vehicle Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So today will be zip tieing and cleaning up the work to make it all tidy. Got a little late on me and called it a night. Also going to secure it wuth the included straps to eliminate movement and any unwanted vibrations.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts