Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 tundra reg cab with the bench seat. I swapped out the seats with a split 60/40 bench from an 05 AC. Bolted right in. The missing holes were under the carpet. None of the seatbelt latches were interchangable. I had to use the originals. Which kind of sucks because now they need to be bolted to the seat instead of the floor, so they are a few inches too long.

Now onto the issue. There were two sensors under the original bench seat. A flat ribbon sensor that went inside the passenger seat cushion, and a magnetic sensor that bolted onto the passenger side seat rail. I'm not sure what either of these do, but I assume they are airbag related. I plugged both in, but the airbag sensor light is still on.

Can someone look under their AC seats and see where the magnetic sensor is bolted to? I could not find a place on the split bench.

Does anyone know what these sensors do? The pic is of the same sensor, one is without that plastic cover piece.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Have an '06 AC w/ 60/40 bench and found something that looks like your 2nd pic (w/ cover) but flipped upside down. It's near the front of the passenger seat's left rail (next to trans tunnel). See pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That you for the pics. I'll look for that mount. I was looking on the other rail because that's where it was originally on my bench. It was mounted upsidedown like that. I found out that it is called a seat position sensor and needs to be calibrated after removing a seat. Still looking for the procedure to do that.

·
Registered
234 Posts
After you know you have the airbag sensor facing the right direction, take your battery cable off for ten minutes and see if the light doesn't reset. There is an airbag sensor on the seat belt.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought I should update this thread. I fixed the problem. Thank you 808SR5 for the pics. That was really helpful in fixing this.

The new seats do not have that mount there as pictured. I pulled that mount off of my original bench. It was on the other seat rail, and was held on with two weak spot welds. I then bolted it to the location pictured and plugged it in. Light was still on. There are two sensors in the driver seatbelt buckle. One blinks the seatbelt light if you're not buckled in. The other is airbag related, like Shootist said. After I plugged in the airbag seatbelt sensor, the light turned off. I did NOT need any of the other sensors plugged in. I left the annoying seatbelt light sensor unplugged.

·
Mech. Engr. / Mechanic
824 Posts
But......... how will you know if you buckled your seat belt? :confused:

I thought I should update this thread. I fixed the problem. Thank you 808SR5 for the pics. That was really helpful in fixing this.

The new seats do not have that mount there as pictured. I pulled that mount off of my original bench. It was on the other seat rail, and was held on with two weak spot welds. I then bolted it to the location pictured and plugged it in. Light was still on. There are two sensors in the driver seatbelt buckle. One blinks the seatbelt light if you're not buckled in. The other is airbag related, like Shootist said. After I plugged in the airbag seatbelt sensor, the light turned off. I did NOT need any of the other sensors plugged in. I left the annoying seatbelt light sensor unplugged.

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Mr C.. I so badly want to send you poinnt for that one but for some reason still cant...!!! that was sooo funny.

Like this:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts