Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to disable the seatbelt chime, I had a Ford before the Toyota and it could be disabled, does anyone know if this can be done on the toyota tundra crewmax?

·
Registered
7,461 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Barney...you ALWAYS beat me to the punch!!!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Dealer has to do it with his TechStream pc. Or take the dash out and cut out the chime.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
And the dealer should do it for nothing, especially if you have something else done like an oil change.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
dealer did mine for free. they called it a warranty adjust.

·
Premium Member
1,180 Posts
Mine is at the dealer now for this, the pedal shim and alarm activation. i told them to call me and tell me if there was a charge for the Techstream to call me first.

·
Registered
422 Posts
we should make a list of things new tundra owners should have the dealer do before even taking delivery. Hand in the list of techstream settings, alarm activations, etc. and say deal if you do these.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
we should make a list of things new tundra owners should have the dealer do before even taking delivery. Hand in the list of techstream settings, alarm activations, etc. and say deal if you do these.
But I didn't even know about any of this stuff before I traded in my 4runner on the beast. And if the dealer wants to try and make a buck for this tiny bit of work (especially when you have something else done like an oil change) just ask this "how much is the 15k service? the 30k service?" When he tells you (try not to faint) look him straight in the eye and say "Why are you jepardizing those charges for this little peanut charge? I'll not return HERE when those are due if you squeeze me for this. Your choice." Then don't say a word, just stare at him. It might take 30 seconds before his/her brian starts to register what you said. If he says sorry I can't do that, ask to speak to the service mgr and repeat the above sentences. I'll bet he has a different view on the work. And if HE won't then ask to speak to the owner. If HE won't budge, say "thanks for your time, we'll never see each other again." And walk right out of there because they obviously don't give a crappola about you, the PAYING customer. Find another dealer. End of story.

·
Premium Member
1,180 Posts
GOOD IDEA.

of help might also be a list of the options not to get from the dealer. But in my case i did not find this forum untill AFTER I bought the truck -with factory Rem start.

·
Premium Member
1,180 Posts
Dealer Service said the pedal is done and alarm was activated but they would not disable the seatbelt chime due to safety reasons :blah:. At least there was no charge. I'll keep trying if I ever have to take it back there. Sure would be nice if it was all washed up for me when I pick it up.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Dealer Service said the pedal is done and alarm was activated but they would not disable the seatbelt chime due to safety reasons :blah:. At least there was no charge. I'll keep trying if I ever have to take it back there. Sure would be nice if it was all washed up for me when I pick it up.
Yeah that's a load of crappola. You can whack the little bugger (the chime thingy, not the dealer) if you want. Pretty easy, remove the gauge cover, cut or desolder the chime. Replace the awful amber lights while you're in there too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts