Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the crewmax, and the seatbelt hooks rattle against the body trim, even when in the rear clips, so i decided to solve this unwanted sound. i used velcro hook and loop( adheasive back). to sum all this up, when the seatbelt shackel is at rest, the velcro prevents it from coming in contact with any plastic, the felt tips helps also, used 3x3'' velcro, then cut in half. as seen on the right front pillar and rear pillar. the retainer clip that controls the rear seatbelt, gets a thin strip of velcro on the outside, this prevents the metal shackel from coming in contact with the plastic retainer clip. the plastic button on the seatbelt, also gets a rubber pad. i don't like things that rattle,well here goes.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
I was hoping someone would come up with a solution. Good job:tu:. It has been buggin the hell out of me but it is obviously a small problem. It's worked great for me but there is an additional problem that crops up now and then.

Occassionally when the rear seatbelt is released it does not always go back into its slot parallel with the side of the seat, instead the belt twists around the top of seat back and the metal bangs against the side of the cab, that means the velcro can't grab it. Hmmmmmmm

Another fix is in order.:dry:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts