Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:

My Crewmax (slate/limited/5.7/4x2/20" wheels/TRD dual) was ordered over 4 weeks ago. It was scheduled for delivery between May 2 and May 7. Of course, on the 2nd I am stalking the dealership, waiting for the truck to arrive. Then the 3rd and so on.... Well as the title of the thread states, I am still waiting. I wish they had just given me a more realistic date. The sales manager (a good friend of mine) tells me it will be here anyday now. I know its only one day late but its killing me.

Has anyone else had trouble with their delivery date getting backed up? If so how long? It seems like I have read a couple of other posts where this was mentioned and I know I have read where the limited crewmax demand is exceeding production. I am just curious if its more specific to my region (Memphis Tn which is in Cincinnatti region) or if its nationwide that people are having this problem.

In the meantime I am still driving my '96 rav4 with 275,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
What was the build date? That's some hard info that you should know. Also, if the truck was built, a VIN should be available to you. As far as the transportation from the "port" to the dealership, that might be unpredictable since they probably won't be sending an 18 wheeler out there to pick up your truck and drive it from Cinci to Memphis. I'm sure there is some sort of queue involved.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He told me the build date but all I paid attention to was the delivery date. I do have the VIN number. I havent wanted to pressure him since he is a friend but I guess I will call tommorrow and see if he cant find additional info. ie - truck is at port, in route etc.

·
Registered
17 Posts
So should the dealer give you a build date when you order the vehicle? I ordered my tundra 3 weeks ago and still have not got a build date. We agreed to the terms and I put a deposit down and everything but havent heard from them since.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
That means the order hasn't been picked up by the factory. More likely, he doesn't have a build date because your order simply means that he is trying to find a truck that is going to be built and allocated to him or someone he can trade with. When I got my build date it was about 4 weeks way with delivery taking approximately two more weeks.

·
Registered
416 Posts
In my case, we were initially dealing on another truck in the region, which fell through because that dealer wouldn't trade it. My dealer then spent quite a bit of time (too much in my opinion) trying to wrangle another one with those options (or something that could be easily modified).

They finally had to order one, and then I got my build date. My dates/times were almost identical to StatCoder's...

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I think we both fell for the same line..."There's a truck on the list that is being built in two weeks and it meets your specs perfectly! Put a deposit down and I'll trade for it for you" Then it doesn't go through and they've locked you in.

I really can't complain, though. My salesperson stated very clearly that she couldn't guarantee that she could get the truck. However, at least I knew it was a configuration that was being built in that region and was likely to be built again - and it was. I have heard, here, that some folks get notified a month later that "they aren't building trucks like that in this region".

·
Registered
219 Posts
My build date was the week of 5/7 and just got news that it's in transit to the dealership.:)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Have your friend double check the ETA. Those will get changed from time to time and occassionally will get set back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered mine (dc lb 5.7) about 4 weeks ago . i just this afternoon recieved a call that it's finally in! (Metairie ,La.) HAPPY DAY!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts