Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Deliciously Blunt
5,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well gents, I'm new to the forum, in fact this is my first post/thread. I used to be a regular on Corvetteforum, but I am parting with my 2005, 400Hp, 6spd beast and my 2004 TRD, 4WD Tacoma....So now I reckon I'll geek out on Tundra specs instead of vette specs.:D I need a bigger truck for work on the farm and to pull horse trailers....and maybe a boat.

I put the dealer through the ringer on what I wanted and the price...
special ordered a:
Slate Metallic DC,
TRD
NAV
Cold pkg
Park pilot
bucket seats
some other crapolla...
I saw somewhere on here that Toyota is requiring a lead time before it starts custom builds...is that right? I was told 40 to 45 business days (WTF!?) to build mine out...why not say 8 or 9 weeks? At any rate, was wondering if I should expect to wait that long for my new Truck or even longer. I catch hell in my family, because all other trucks on the farm are big 3 HD or SD, and I love the ricer trucks for the reliability...at least is 80% American and fully assembled in the US right?

BTW, here are pics of my two babies that I'm getting rid of.:cry:

At any rate, just wanted to say 'hey' from SC. :)

·
Deliciously Blunt
5,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Yeah, I baby that blue monster! I have added quite a list of mods to the vette, so I'm asking about $42k for it. Haven't figured out if I'm going to sell it private party or just take it to CarMax yet.
The dealer is giving me $15,500 for the Tacoma, they're letting me drive it until my Tundra comes in, so I still have the ability to sell it privately for more $$.:D

·
Deliciously Blunt
5,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Get the TRD exhaust and you won't miss that vette - the Tundra flies baby and sounds sweeeeet doing it!:D:D:D:D:D
Not only that but when the girls see and hear the truck, they won't automatically think that I'm bald with a small ding ding:p

Seriously though, I stomped on the gas on the test drive yesterday and that thing can move! Definitely needs a good grumble and burble treatment though...I need my vehicles to be a bit more vocal. I can't wait for this dang truck to come!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts