Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took my Sequoia through one of those touchless car washes only to have my left foot get wet when the water was being sprayed around the hood vents/base of the windshield. I couldn't really tell exactly how the water got into the cab but there was some corrugated tubing (wire-wrap) under the dash in the footwell that seemed to be wet. Not sure if the water somehow got into the tubing and traveled through there (to my foot!) or if the water came in some other way and sprayed onto the tubing at the same time as my foot.

Anybody else experience this?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
brian,

i've never heard of that happening. definitely something you should have the dealer take care of. water should never get into the cabin. good luck!

Chris

·
Registered
68 Posts
My Saturday morning ritual is to take mine to a touchless and detail it afterward. When ever I enter the wash, I change the air settings to recirculate then shut everything off. If the system is running, the soap smell gets into the cabin.

I've never had water come inside and I've been doing this since Nov, 2000. Try having someone shine a bright light into the main air intake in front of the windshield and around the door seals while your inside. If you see light, you may want to discuss it with a service tech. Also, try changing your air settings while shining the light.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts