Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if the Oxygen Sensor "Sensor 1 Bank 1" is located before the cat, or after the cat?...

...and what would be the best replacement?...bosch?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine gave me the code P0135 and I heard it's before the cat. Auto Zone quoted $164 for a damn sensor! Anyone else got any advice on where to get this sensor?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Does anybody know if the Oxygen Sensor "Sensor 1 Bank 1" is located before the cat, or after the cat?...

...and what would be the best replacement?...bosch?
Sensor 1 is before the cat, sensor 2 is after.. and I would definitely stay away from the Bosch sensor. Get a Denso or Delco if possible, Denso is most likely the company who makes the OE sensor.

·
Retired Contributor
2010 Tundra/2015 4 Runner/2007 Prius
5,942 Posts
Sensor 1 is before the cat, sensor 2 is after.. and I would definitely stay away from the Bosch sensor. Get a Denso or Delco if possible, Denso is most likely the company who makes the OE sensor.
excellent advise
Why not try a dealership that gives discounts to TS memebers.
PM me for details

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
I bought a replacement O2 sensor for my Tundra at sparkplugs.com. I believe it was the same type used as the OEM O2 sensor.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I replaced the passenger side O2 sensor on the manifold, along with the manifold as the sensor was frozen. IF you can get the sensor out then it's not a tough job but if you cant then expect to spend some more time on the job. I'm now at 115K and I've got a P0135 check engline light code. Autozone said said it was a bank 1 sensor 1 on the the left side.

I need a clarification on the orientation: Does left side mean passenger side? Or is it the driver side O2 sensor that is bad now?

What purpose do these O2 sensors serve?

I also bought my ex manifold and O2 senosr online for about 70% of the cost.:tu:

·
Retired Contributor
2010 Tundra/2015 4 Runner/2007 Prius
5,942 Posts
On a V-8 Bank 1 is the drivers side (LEFT)
On a V-6 Bank 1 is the passenger side (RIGHT)

02 sensors = The oxygen sensor is a measuring probe for determining the amount of oxygen in the exhaust; actually they are mounted inside of your exhaust pipe. Oxygen sensors does their job by continually monitoring exhaust gases and signals the engine computer to adjust the air/fuel ratio to make sure that gasoline combustion is as complete as possible, thus reducing harmful emissions while also improving engine performance and fuel efficiency.
If the mixture is too rich or too lean, the oxygen sensor adjusts the amount of fuel that enters your engine accordingly. The wrong mix of gasoline and oxygen can increase pollutants that exit your vehicle – thereby harming the environment. And not only that, it is also one of the causes of faulty catalytic converter and engine damage. Therefore, a properly working oxygen sensor is a must for every car. But like any other car parts, oxygen sensors don’t last forever. The normal aging process will eventually cause the oxygen sensor to stop working.

I get all my parts from a Toyota deaership, they cost as much or LESS than the aftermarket stuff. Pm me for details

1 - 8 of 8 Posts