Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever we drive on roads that have grit or gravel, the noise near the doorsills is loud and awful. Sounds almost as though the gravel or grit is coming into the car! I believe the gravel is hitting the bottom of the running boards which is amplifying the sound.

Anyone else having the same issue and if so how did you fix it?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess I am probably the only one with this car who lives in an area with dirt roads where this noise issue comes up:mellow3d:

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
It could be hitting the bottom of the running boards. You could try spraying the bottom of them with bed-liner material and see if that helps...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Iggy, I have an '08 Plat and live in the country (2 miles gravel road to get to house). I honestly have never noticed what you describe. I know from my other trucks that an aggressive tread will throw more gravel. Did you put on a mud tire or change anything? Wish I could be more helpful.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have an '08 Limited with running boards removed, drive on a lot of dirt roads with no noise as you described.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Iggy, I have an '08 Plat and live in the country (2 miles gravel road to get to house). I honestly have never noticed what you describe. I know from my other trucks that an aggressive tread will throw more gravel. Did you put on a mud tire or change anything? Wish I could be more helpful.
No, everything is OEM (20"). I may try and spray some of that sound proofing stuff on the bottom of the running boards. My friend has an 08 Seqouia with running boards and he has no problems either and lives near me, i.e., dirt roads. So must be a 2010 model characteristic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts