Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, my 08 headlamps are faded. i much prefer replacing rather than buffing. I see many that say "NOT Compatible with Sequoia with Factory Headlight Washer Models ". Why is this? it appears to be totally separate from the assembly

Registered
hi, my 08 headlamps are faded. i much prefer replacing rather than buffing. I see many that say "NOT Compatible with Sequoia with Factory Headlight Washer Models ". Why is this? it appears to be totally separate from the assembly
Hey cheepy check out this dude's YouTube channel. Crazy coincidence, I just happened to see it yesterday. I think his Sequoia is a 2012 but it's the same headlights and he goes over this exact issue about the washers (or "squirters" as he calls them.馃槀) This is my first post, I actually just joined now so I could reply to you lol. Hope it helps. Oh, fast forward to about the 11:00 minute mark if you don't want to watch the whole video.

We鈥檙e Back At The Dealership - All New Lighting - MUST SEE!

Registered
Morimoto XB will work. I remember removing the washer during the swap, but everything went back into place afterwards.

Registered
2008 Toyota Sequoia SR5 2x4 5.7L
I removed the washers, ty-rapped up behind the bumper, and replaced the trim pieces below the headlights without the hole in them. I pulled the fuse and left the switch. I never used them in 10 years. If I lived in the north again with a wet heavy snow, I might use them. In the Raleigh, NC and now the Charleston, SC area I will never need them. The headlight washers attach to the bottom of the headlights via 2 or 3 phillips screws. Some replacement assemblies do not have the screw holes.
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Grille Wheel
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Grille

Registered
Just Spray Mosquito Repellent on the lenses and wipe off, works well just not sure how long it lasts but it is a cheep fix. I have been using that method for years and I know that wasn't your question but I thought I would throw this information out there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts