Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All

This thread is for a (January) group buy on Dobinsons Springs. Our target would be 10 participants to receive 20% off retail. I will try to get a bigger discount if we can get a total of 20 buyers.

Group buy is for:

2" springs (1.77" lift)
Or
2.5" springs (2.5" lift)

Retail for these springs are:

Front Spring: $125 each

Rear Spring: $95 each

Please PM me your PayPal email, and which set of springs you would be purchasing. I will be updating a "participants list" on this thread every other day.

Let's help each other save a couple of bucks!

-Chris

·
Registered
40 Posts
So if you got to your 10 participants we'd be looking at $200 for a pair of front springs and $152 for a pair of rear springs? How does Dobinson compare to the OME/ARB springs that I see a lot of people using and are ~$167 for rears regular price?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Assuming this is for 1st gen you may want to talk to your supplier about the pricing on the fronts. Quick google search and it looks like you can get 1.75" front or rear springs for $195 shipped.

https://www.amazon.com/Dobinsons-Springs-Toyota-Sequoia-2001-2007/dp/B01MTDBHA0
Its not clear, but I think he's talking about Gen2 and has the front and rear prices switched. In another thread he talked about a 2010.

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/sequoia/191210-advice-on-5100-and-dobinsons-lift/

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry guys. Did not notice the replies on the thread. This was originally for 2nd gen sequoias. But I will check in with him and get details for 1st gens.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1st gens only come in 2" lift

2nd gens have option of 2" or 2.5".

Still waiting on Australia to get back to us in the USA.

Anymore questions... feel free to email Dave at [email protected].

Thanks guys

Chris

·
Registered
22 Posts
Spring rates for 2.5" lift springs

Rears - C59-719V is 440lbs per inch open and 571lbs at load

Fronts - C59-720 is 685lbs per inch

Does anyone know what the rates are for the stock springs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
484 Posts
Does anyone know what the rates are for the stock springs?
There are at least eight different Gen2 Sequoia OEM front springs (left/right, 2WD/4WD, with and without electronic suspension). Don't know what the spring rates might be but Post #1631 in this long thread quotes 700 lb/in for Gen2 Tundra:

Bilstein 6112 series? - Page 109 - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
@aesconde said that the Gen2 Sequoia OEM rear spring rate is 478 lb/in. I have not independently confirmed this.

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/sequoia/164497-aescondes-2010-sr5-build/#post1754721

DobinsonsUSA told me that the spring rate for their Gen2 Sequoia linear 1.77 inch lift rear coils, P/N C59-477, is 624 lb/in.

Bilstein 5100 shocks have valving that is supposedly optimized for the OEM springs. Does anyone have any idea how the ride quality would change if one went from rear springs with 478 lb/in to 624 lb/in while retaining the same 5100 shocks?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I dont get it... its a group buy. Not a vendor trying to make sales. Google search it and check it out. Please close thread. Im going to get these myself. Happy holidays and Good luck to all.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts