Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't get too excited, I don't have them. I want them though! I have PM'd many members that have this, but nobody has pics. I really want to run duals but the muffler guys say it is not possible to run driver side pipe without running right next to fuel lines and brake lines. Someone please help. Its summer time and I want some purrrdy duals from my magnaflow. Pics puhlease! :becky:

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
It sounds like you know it's possible, since this was offered with the TRD optioned Sequoia in the South East Toyota region. I believe it was a Borla kit, and I've not been able to locate it either. I've tried to contact some of the old TRD members to see if they could take pictures, but nobody has responded. It would be nice to know how they set it up. The only other thought I had was to try and catch someone at Borla who can send over some old instructions or diagrams of the old kit.

·
Registered
33 Posts
man i have a picture of our duals on my account. check it out. ill post a shot of underneath the truck in the next few days. also i think we ran our single exhaust back to the muffler and split it just behind the spare tire

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I'm going to try and attach an actual picture of the TRD exhaust on a Sequoia from Florida who I had send this over. Unfortunately, it doesn't show much of how it's run.

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
man i have a picture of our duals on my account. check it out. ill post a shot of underneath the truck in the next few days. also i think we ran our single exhaust back to the muffler and split it just behind the spare tire
Cro I think I had talked to you previously about this. If you could get a couple pics under the seq that would be awesome. Only place I can see to run it behind spare is near the fuel and brake lines...and I don't think I want to blow my car up.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
We need our TRD members to come back!! Please....wherever you are!!

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
OKstate, I do not have a Sequoia but I have had two Tundras (2000 SR5) and presently a 2005 DC 4wd. Both had/have duals. Having said that, don't know if you are married or have kids but if your Sequoia is a people hauler you are not going to like the resonance you are going to get inside your truck. My experience comes from a '95 Tahoe, JBA headers etc. I ended up (as I believe the TRD kit is) running the biggest Walker (Dynomax) muffler, single inlet, dual outlet to quiet the inside cabin rumble. anyway not much help just offering an opinion. CSM-H

Don't get too excited, I don't have them. I want them though! I have PM'd many members that have this, but nobody has pics. I really want to run duals but the muffler guys say it is not possible to run driver side pipe without running right next to fuel lines and brake lines. Someone please help. Its summer time and I want some purrrdy duals from my magnaflow. Pics puhlease! :becky:

·
Registered
33 Posts
OKstate, I do not have a Sequoia but I have had two Tundras (2000 SR5) and presently a 2005 DC 4wd. Both had/have duals. Having said that, don't know if you are married or have kids but if your Sequoia is a people hauler you are not going to like the resonance you are going to get inside your truck. My experience comes from a '95 Tahoe, JBA headers etc. I ended up (as I believe the TRD kit is) running the biggest Walker (Dynomax) muffler, single inlet, dual outlet to quiet the inside cabin rumble. anyway not much help just offering an opinion. CSM-H
Man it will obviously be very loud if you add aftermarket headers with a massive exhaust. But just running custom exhausts without engine modification sounds very clean on the Seq, and has no drone during cruising speeds, and modest acceleration.

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Let me clarify....JBA's, small tube manifold replacements. The exhaust was 2 1/4" through a very quiet muffler....after 56 cars and trucks I think I've this part down, CSM-H

Man it will obviously be very loud if you add aftermarket headers with a massive exhaust. But just running custom exhausts without engine modification sounds very clean on the Seq, and has no drone during cruising speeds, and modest acceleration.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
h7009, the factory TRD kit was Borla and not very loud. I do agree with you that it can create more resonance in the cab, as I noticed some after doing my Bassani kit. You can quiet this a bit with some Dynomat or equivalent. My wife complained more about the old mud tires (now gone), and the FIPK then she did with the exhaust....but the sound of the exhaust also puts the kids to sleep.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
I've got some pics of my system here: The Trucks

I'm not running the Magnaflows anymore, it was too loud. I just had a local shop her put it together for me. I've had it for several years with no issues.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Thank you for the great pics MNSequoia...very nice! It's good to see how the shop ran the exhaust over the rear cross-member. I'm thinking that must have been how the TRD kit was run...except for the angle out to the rear corners instead of straight back. I would have loved to hear that set-up when you had the Magnaflow mufflers on. Do you think the X-pipe helped at all?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
MN thanks for the pics. Im just scarred about the heat. You said there is 1.5" between the pipe and hoses and .5" between the frame or whatever. The way you have it run is what I want, but the muffler people said they wouldn't recommend it. I guess I should keep getting opinions till I hear what I want? hahaha

·
Registered
22 Posts
so, is the borla system true duals? and will the jba headers bolt up?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've got guys to do duals on mine. I couldent believe that you took it off because it was too loud, I mean I wouldent do that. My set up is similar to yours, but without x pipe. That could be the reason. Also, i really want to do headers, but apparently their really loud, so I might just wait till the truck gets a bit older ;). With exhaust and headers you get 40 ft lb ! What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Thank you for the great pics MNSequoia...very nice! It's good to see how the shop ran the exhaust over the rear cross-member. I'm thinking that must have been how the TRD kit was run...except for the angle out to the rear corners instead of straight back. I would have loved to hear that set-up when you had the Magnaflow mufflers on. Do you think the X-pipe helped at all?
I didn't really feel any seat of the pants increase from the Dual's or X-Pipe. It did sound really cool outside the truck with the Magnaflows!

MN thanks for the pics. Im just scarred about the heat. You said there is 1.5" between the pipe and hoses and .5" between the frame or whatever. The way you have it run is what I want, but the muffler people said they wouldn't recommend it. I guess I should keep getting opinions till I hear what I want? hahaha
I don't think the heat is a big issue that far back, like I said I've had mine for several years and everything is still fine back there, no melted hoses!

I couldent believe that you took it off because it was too loud, I mean I wouldent do that.
Unfortunately, my wife was driving it 95% of the time back then, so she didn't like it, so off they came. It's actually such a nice cruiser though, it was pretty annoying driving down the highway with the drooooooooooooooooooooooooooooone! IMHO. I did pretty much take the whole back of the truck apart and dynamatted the thing to try to block the noise, but it didn't help much.

Good luck guys!
Mike

·
Registered
455 Posts
I have the Borla Dual Exit on my Seq...
I know I probably mentioned to you OKSTATE that I would put up the photos..
I will for sure tonight.
The photos are on my home PC - I am at work and when I get home I forget to log in and upload them.

I think I even have the BORLA Pdf with the install instructions that I will post tonight from home.
If you can find a Borla SEQ kit its a DIY install and I love it!

Someone asked if the Borla pipes will connect to the JBA Headers and the answer is YES
I also installed the JBA Headers and they hooked right up.

The Borla Kit has no DRONE!
I had Flowmaster with "custom bent" pipes before and that set up DID drone like crazy.
The sound was nice but the drone at cruising speed was loud.
So I had it removed and I put the kit on and it was a good choice

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
jimballs, looks like we have this thread going in a couple places. I thought you had the Borla system? If you do, it's true dual since it's dual in and dual out all the way to the tips. Do you have pictures you can post of yours?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts