Toyota Tundra Forums banner
161 - 166 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys. resurrecting the thread. im doing my build as well and would like to know if anyone actually measured their lift, before and after? i have a 2020 trd pro sequoia and i failed to take measurements so im looking for inputs? just would like to make sure how much lift i actually got. i have kings 2.5 for front and rear with ome 2863 springs for the rear.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 · (Edited)
Hey guys. resurrecting the thread. im doing my build as well and would like to know if anyone actually measured their lift, before and after? i have a 2020 trd pro sequoia and i failed to take measurements so im looking for inputs? just would like to make sure how much lift i actually got. i have kings 2.5 for front and rear with ome 2863 springs for the rear.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Looking back through some of my notes, I measured center of hub to fender lip for a stock Sequoia. Front 21"/21.5", rear 21 7/8". Hope that helps

Also 2 small updates;
Added new King shocks to the rear and bumped a size on tires from 285/70/18 to 295/70/18. The 295's (34.3") are about the largest you can go without cutting. The new tires would ever so slightly skim the rear mud flaps at full lock but after a couple of thousand miles it went away. The other thing with the larger tire size is the added weight. They are 11 pounds heavier than the 285's. I dropped another 1-1.5mpg. Kind of crazy. That said, I like the larger size. I was definitely looking for more grip and any amount of additional clearance I could get regardless of how small. That said, the 285/70/18 could be a nice balance between mpg, performance. Some pics;

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looking back through some of my notes, I measured center of hub to fender lip. Front 21"/21.5", rear 21 7/8". Hope that helps

Also 2 small updates;
Added new Kings to the rear shocks and bumped a size on tires from 285/70/18 to 295/70/18. The 295's (34.3") are about the largest you can go without cutting. The new tires would ever so slightly skim the rear mud flaps at full lock but after a couple of thousand miles, that went away. The other thing with the larger tire size is the added weight. They are 11 pounds heavier than the 285's. I dropped another 1-1.5mpg. Kind of crazy. That said, I like the larger size. I was definitely looking for more grip and any amount of additional clearance I could get regardless of how small. That said, the 285/70/18 could be a nice balance between mpg, performance. Some pics;

Thanks for the response.

were those measurements after your lift of before?

·
Registered
7 Posts
PXL_20210615_185833479.jpg
Looking back through some of my notes, I measured center of hub to fender lip for a stock Sequoia. Front 21"/21.5", rear 21 7/8". Hope that helps

Also 2 small updates;
Added new King shocks to the rear and bumped a size on tires from 285/70/18 to 295/70/18. The 295's (34.3") are about the largest you can go without cutting. The new tires would ever so slightly skim the rear mud flaps at full lock but after a couple of thousand miles it went away. The other thing with the larger tire size is the added weight. They are 11 pounds heavier than the 285's. I dropped another 1-1.5mpg. Kind of crazy. That said, I like the larger size. I was definitely looking for more grip and any amount of additional clearance I could get regardless of how small. That said, the 285/70/18 could be a nice balance between mpg, performance. Some pics;

i was running 285/75/18 for a good year or so and my mpg got to about 11 street and about 14 highway. i was able to fit it with the stock trd rims with about a one inch lift front and rear.

i now run 35x12.5 nitto grapplers and switched out the wheels to methods 305 bronze and the mpg went even lower at 10.5 street and about 11.5/12 highway. i do like the 35s better though but can feel how heavier the sequoia feels.

161 - 166 of 166 Posts