Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Preferred Dealer
1,170 Posts
The front bumper should be a bolt on... not exactly sure what parts are required. The rear end of the Tundra is very different from the Sequoia... it would be very far from a bolt on, though dimensionally the cover would probably fit after some trimming of the stock body (guessing on that).

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
im much too lazy to do someone elses work here so i aint gonna do the search....but this was discussed in a ton of threads and some people did it back when the sequioa came out and was new news...now its just old news :)

·
Registered
665 Posts
Not sure on the validity of this comment, but check out the one by PKC...about the 13th one. This kills it for me. That combined with having to hack up my stock grille to accomodate the sequoia bumper.

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
I see a Y2K Nissan Pathfinder. :lol:

It doesn't look bad, but it doesn't improve upon the Tundra either....not enough to justify the trouble and expense of changing it over.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
i'd rather see a sequoia with a tundra bumper/grille....they made the tough truck look too soft when they designed it....

now to really make a sequoia look good, someone needs to transplant tundra tail lights and bumper and tail gate onto a sequoia....like how a gm suburban was the same design as a gm truck etc....the back end of the sequoia needs to look like the tundra IMO and not a highlander......

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I see a Y2K Nissan Pathfinder. :lol:

It doesn't look bad, but it doesn't improve upon the Tundra either....not enough to justify the trouble and expense of changing it over.
+1 i agree, I think it kinda takes away some of the tundra's tough look to. Looks great on the sequoia but not the tundra....just my .02 :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I like it, but not sure that I would want to do it to my truck.

It compliments the upper grill better. IMO

But it does almost give it a smiley look to it as well.... at least in this pic...

·
Registered
135 Posts
I personally thing its quite good looking, but I live in an area where I'm going to see road-salt in the winter, and I'm afraid, I'm not quite willing to sacrifice my money for a mod that will only look good for another few months. If you won't see winter or off-road in the truck, I think its the bee's knees. If you're gonna see rock salt in the winter, I think it'll look like arse in the springtime :\

edit: where's the tow-hook/recovery-hook clearance? Ack.....

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Us Platinum Sequoia guys with dynamic laser cruise control don't have the luxury to switch our bumpers. I color matched my upper/lower grill and fog light bezels instead :tu:

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
:td::td::td: Just not my taste, but if you like it, go for it. To me it makes the truck look a little awkward somehow...

·
Registered
204 Posts
reminds me of the silverado guys that have transplanted the escalade fronts onto their trucks. waste of money. :D

·
Registered
375 Posts
yea full front swaps is hella sweet!

i actually like the bumper swap. i just emailed the guys in florida that did this swap to see if it actually does bolt right on as long as you trim the tundras grilles surround on the bottom. if thats all it takes i might just do it if i can find a cheap white bumper.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
It don't look bad.

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
Does the Sequoia have HID lights as an option? Would be nice if we could have a swap out option. Not real interested in chopping up my headlights to make things fit.....
Also, do the leather seats in the front and first row match the seats in our Tundras?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts