Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for all the advice. The Toy dealers here are having a sale on Sequoia's, $300 over invoice. They even had the model, and color I wanted, so I bought one. Again, thank you one and all.
I'll be seeing you on the road.
"I'll be the one in a new Sequoia with a grin from ear to ear".

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
congrats skogang!! :D enjoy the new ride!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Great price

I just completed the deal on mine and I got it for $875 above invoice....wish it was $300 like yours. I can't wait until it arrives. I am ordering a SR5 4X4 everything but leather and Blue. I am told that less then 6% of all Sequoias are Blue....Does anyone out there have a blue one?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sequoia purchase

As a matter of fact the one I bought is marlin blue w/silver around the wheel wells. It is fully loaded without leather. I guess it was meant to be, I walked on the lot and there it sat. I was out the door in under three hours. I didnt know the blue was rare or anything but, I have seen alot of silver ones in my area.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Toyota is not even going to guarantee that I will get a Blue 4X4...is there a chance that there is another blue one at the dealer that you bought yours from. My dealer could swap with your dealer. You are right when things are meant to be they just fall in place easily.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I forgot one thing, I have not actually seen a Blue one. It looks pretty good in the ad. Does the Blue change colors based on the sunlight....One dealer told me that at times it looks more purple then blue...what has been your experience with the blue.

Thanks

Jay

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
there is only one blue. i really like this color. plus it actually looks good w/ the grey bumpers and overfenders. looks like you both have a very unique color, so enjoy it. :D everyone and their mother has silver one like mine! :p if it wasn't for my rims and lack of a roof rack, my ride would blend in w/ the rest of silver sequoia's out there.

Chris

·
Registered
82 Posts
Chris,

Thanks for your reply on the Blue SR5, I have found this web page very informative and helpful. I hope someone puts together group meets in the midwest area. Becoming a paying member would benefit a Sequoia owner how?

Jay

·
Registered
82 Posts
Chris,

The DVD/cd/mpeg player you mentioned in your description would be a great addition to my Sequoia...what is the cost of that system and where would one find it.

Thanks'

Jay

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Jay,

i have the Clarion VS715: 1-DIN IN-DASH/STAND-ALONE DVD/MP3/CD VIDEO PLAYER and i really dig it. i've only used it for DVDs so i don't know how well it works w/ MP3s or CDs. if you look at my www you'll see that i used to have it mounted in the center storage compartment. i don't know the cost exactly because i purchased everything together, but if i remember correctly it was less than $500 (but install was included)
check out this thread:
Sequoia: Entertainment System
not sure where to get it in Carmel, but go to a local reputable audio/video shop and they could help you out. just make sure that you shop around to get the best pricing. there is a huge mark up on a/v stuff.

Chris

·
Registered
82 Posts
Chris,

Thanks for all the info. I just became a supporting member. All the info on these web pages will no doubt come in very handy in the years ahead. Can't wait for my Sequoia to get here!

Jay

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Jay,

no problem! keep us up to date on your ride! you will definitely learn a lot from this site as well as meet a great bunch of folks! i've learned so much and saved so much money from this site already! :D btw, the site appreciates your support!!

Chris

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Iron Ranger,
Unfortunately, They did not have another blue one. He had a white limited I think. If you look at oldmill toyota.com you can search the dealer lot. Has your dealer searched the other states for one? He can search the whole lower 48 states and look for one. I'm sure after a small fee ($500). He could get it for you, or you could drive/fly to where its at and buy it directly. But, I would use the internet to set a price before going.
As far as the blue color goes, I've talked to SR5 Tundra owners that said the blue will look purple in certain lights but, I havent experienced that yet. But I am pretty new at the color.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I searched California toyota dealers, Texas, Florida, Montana, Illinois and none of them have a 4X4 SR5 blue......Hoping the factory will agree to make it....all orders go in my the 20th of each month. Toyota (I am told) will get back to the dealer in 30 days and let them know if they are going to make your SUV....I have to wait until sometime around the 20th of May before I know....Not a very customer friendly process.......This will be my First Toyota hope it all goes well!

·
Registered
455 Posts
ironranger said:
I searched California toyota dealers, Texas, Florida, Montana, Illinois and none of them have a 4X4 SR5 blue......Hoping the factory will agree to make it....all orders go in my the 20th of each month. Toyota (I am told) will get back to the dealer in 30 days and let them know if they are going to make your SUV....I have to wait until sometime around the 20th of May before I know....Not a very customer friendly process.......This will be my First Toyota hope it all goes well!
Are you actually having a Sequoia speacial made/ordered??
Or just "requesting" a Blue one to be sent to your dealer?

I ask because when I had mine ordered I was able to choose the color and all the options I wanted with-out having to wait to see IF I could get it that way.

Unless the Blue color has been discontinued I don't know understand why you would NOT get this the way you want it.

BTW- I only had to way about 30 to 40 days before my SEQ was MADE and Delivered to me.
Your having to wait this long to find out the COLOR??
That sucks man!!

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
yeah, it seems as if your dealer put in a "request" not a special order. as sanchez, i also special ordered my sequoia w/ all the options and color that i wanted.

well, i hope that everything works out for you and regardless of what color you're getting, it's still a great SUV! :D good luck!

·
Registered
609 Posts
Order Build Sequoias...

A Sequoia can be specially built to suit the buyer. Lately, the system changes are done within 24 hours, and I can have a Sequoia built the right way for folks within about 4 weeks. Some of the models, more scarce than others (for me, right now, all 4WDs are hard to come by!) are a 6 week wait at times.

The person below who said all orders are made on the 20th is incorrect. I do these daily, day in and day out. Allocations are done twice monthly to distribute cars and trucks, but it doesn't affect your build-order.

Dianne
www.carsontoyota.com
310-522-2317

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
special order Toy

Dianne,
I too have tried and am still trying to special order a Toy and the dealer told me that the request goes in about every three weeks. I am trying to order a thunder grey Tundra limited without leather which in my area is hard to find. I first placed my order ($500 deposit) for it in January. I was told three days ago that toyota has not yet said they will accept the special request. So if you do it everyday I would like to know how. I'm sure the dealers here are not stuipid. Money talks, and you know what walks. I put my money where my mouth is, but toyota does'nt want to fess up the truck for some reason.

skogang

·
Registered
609 Posts
You are looking for a Limited with cloth? That is impossible. All Limiteds are built with leather, no exceptions. It isn't about money and how it talks. Toyota doesn't build Limiteds with cloth. You will, with all that talking money, have to purchase a Limited and have someone install cloth interior in it.

Dianne:D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts