Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
sorry for posting this here but I know the sequoia forums is haunted :D

anyway, anyone have any idea when will the sequoia will change? will it change with the tundra? or in 2015?

I saw some report that toyota will discontinue the production of the sequoia

any ideas?

cheers

·
Registered
81 Posts
snip...
I saw some report that toyota will discontinue the production of the sequoia
snip...
I don't know, but would not be surprised if Toyota discontinued the Sequoia in the near future. I have no idea how many 2nd Gen. Sequoias Toyota sells, or how those sales compare to the Suburban, but my gut thinks it's not many. $3-4 fuel and slow economy can't help.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Right now, we are selling 1,250 Sequoia's a month, that is some good money. Remember, there is a market for them, and the middle east people love them over the other SUV's. I will tell you there is a change coming, minor change this year, and I think a remodel for 2015, but I can not really go into details, but do know there are minor changes set up for this year.
But with sales up 15 % over this time last January, they will keep making them. I talked with some pilot guys,(guys who work on the new and minor model changes) here at the plant, and they are saying they have heard nothing about the Sequoia going away. You see, people who can afford these, do not care how much gas cost, at least that is what Toyota's study finds. I think as long as they can keep making them here in the plant, without interupting the increase build of the Highlander coming up, they will build it. There has been rumors that it may move down to San Antonio, Texas. But they are having major problems keeping up with the demand ot the Tundra and Tacoma down there. Looks like they will be speeding up the lines and expanding to meet the demand for them.

·
Registered
81 Posts
snip...You see, people who can afford these, do not care how much gas cost, at least that is what Toyota's study finds. snip...
Good points, makes lots of sense and is generally true for what may be perceived or a classified as a luxury vehicle these days.

With less expensive fuel (or for those that needed the space but didn't drive far) and when the economy was fat and happy, more "middle class" working folks might have purchased these big wagons (with house equity). Whereas now smaller, less expensive and more economical choices might be made.

I've got nothing against the big Sequoia, think the 2nd Gen. is a good looking vehicle, agree there is a market for these, and there's limited competition. Nice to know how many Toyota sells, 1250 a month/15k a year is a reasonable number I guess. I wish Ford never stopped making the best suburban ever offered, the diesel-powered Excursion, but I'm a pickup guy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts