Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks, just got a new Toyota Sequoia Limited 4 wheel drive. I'm thinking of custom wheels. 20" vs 22" with low profile tires, will they affect performance at all? Can you please include photos of your sequoia's.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Hi Folks, just got a new Toyota Sequoia Limited 4 wheel drive. I'm thinking of custom wheels. 20" vs 22" with low profile tires, will they affect performance at all? Can you please include photos of your sequoia's.

Thanks
The bigger the rim the bumpyer the ride will be. I like to put as much rubber between the road and my rim as I can because I like to hit bumps not drive around them. I do enough of driveing around bumps in my sports cars and trust me, I don't need any more sports cars. Big rims do look nice but being able to go up and down curbs and four wheeling is much nicer to me.

I am sure someone will post some pictures for you and give you some ideas though. :D Johnnnny

·
Registered
455 Posts
I have 20s and my ride is just as soft if not SOFTER than my old stockers.
The size of the rim does not always mean different ride.
Even stock tires on some 4ply off brand tires can make your ride bumpier.

It comes down to preference and use.
If you plan on riding in the dirt and off-roading then I would not spend the money.
But if you do a lot of highway/city driving, well it may be worth it.

Check out my photos click the picture in my Signature

·
Registered
71 Posts
I also put 20's on my Sequoia. The ride did get a bit rougher, but I am going to try new shocks to help out. Check out my gallery for pics.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have any of you guys mounted a 305/50/20 on a Sequoia? I have some 20's that I took off an '07 Tahoe that we sold, and I'm wondering if they'll rub or not. Tires are Nitto Terra Grapplers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
they might rub, especially when you do full or U turns. I had 285/45/22, and they rubbed with full turns. I am getting the tire changed to 265/40/22. Ofcourse my wheel size are 22's. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have Lexani 20" wheels w/Michelin LTX M/S - P275/55 20". They do rub when I cut the wheel while backing out. It looks like they rub on the mud flaps because the front right flap is starting to split. They look awesome and the ride is great. I hope that I'm not messing up my truck. I can post a pix later if you want one.:eek:

Jo -

·
Registered
4 Posts
Pics would be awesome!

Thanks..I read through and it seems you have to pop on at least a 2 1/2" lift to run 305/50's. I think that will be my 2nd mod. My first mod was to pull off the mudflaps. :D

I picked mine up yesterday and drove it home a couple of hours. It's a 2004 loaded SR5, 49k miles, and yet in many ways I think it is superior to the 2007 Tahoe I just got rid of.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts