Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not a fan of the camo. If this were all black, this Sequoia would be awesome. Since they don't make these bumpers for the Sequoia, this truck was retrofitted with a Tundra Fab Fours bumper. A Tundra grill had to be used since a Sequoia grill isn't long enough and it would leave a gap between the grill and bumper.

So, it seems a Tundra bumper will fit a Sequoia IF you change out the grill also. However, anyone know if the mounting holes/brackets are the same on the Tundra and Sequoia? If they are the same, it would open up a whole new world of bumper options for us.

Check out Divine 1 for more pictures of this beast.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
So, it seems a Tundra bumper will fit a Sequoia IF you change out the grill also. However, anyone know if the mounting holes/brackets are the same on the Tundra and Sequoia? If they are the same, it would open up a whole new world of bumper options for us.

Check out Divine 1 for more pictures of this beast.
I remember someone doing a Sequoia front end on a Tundra.

Clever Modification - Tundra With A Sequoia Front End | Tundra Headquarters Blog

I don't have FB but the description in Google might help you out.
https://www.facebook.com/Elitecustomstn/posts/492941300882972

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw that Tundra mod long ago. Tundra guys are spoiled since they have so many aftermarket stuff made for their trucks. I'm interested in stuff made for Sequoias or which Tundra parts actually fits a Sequoia. Thanks for the facebook link. I can't log in through work but that looks so awesome! A 2015 Tundra front end on a 2nd Gen Sequoia! If they sell this conversion kit I will totally buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The 2nd gen Sequoia hasn't had a refresh since it came out in 2008 but with this facelift mod, it can be a "2017 redesign" lol

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Apparently, the cab for the new tundra and old tundra are the same which means the fender lines line up. This means there's a possibility that you can bolt the new Tundra front end onto the Sequoia without too much major modifications. This is too awesome. I know what I'm going to save my money up for.

Picture credits: elitecustoms.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
THAT IS HOTNESS!!!

But.. for us Platinum owners.. it's missing the Headlights washer/spray.. and the Radar Cruise Control Sensor.. If we do this we gonna need to Cut some holes.. but THAT is what 2nd Gen Sequoia's need.. either a Refresh or a Complete 3rd Gen Redesign.. Projector Headlights with LED DRL + LED Tail Lights.. and a built in HDMI input...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't mind cutting headlight washer holes or a cruise control hole if it means I can get the new Tundra front end. I showed my wife this mod and she's on board with the idea. Since I just bought my sequoia last week and it was bought mainly for her to drive, I can't do the mod just yet. Hopefully in a year or so. In the meantime, I'm going to slowly gather all the front end pieces for my eventual project.

I've been comparing the fender lines of the old Tundra and new one and they seem identical. However, I'm pretty sure the mounting and braces underneath could be different.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Apparently, the cab for the new tundra and old tundra are the same which means the fender lines line up. This means there's a possibility that you can bolt the new Tundra front end onto the Sequoia without too much major modifications. This is too awesome. I know what I'm going to save my money up for.

Picture credits: elitecustoms.
That's pretty cool. I would consider doing something like this. I love the sharper angles.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Looks like there's also a black one. I can't wait to do this mod someday since Toyota probably wont be refreshing the Sequoia anytime soon.....or ever.
A) It looks like the fenders, hood, etc, etc (everything forward of the A pillar would need to be replaced)

B) I don't like the look of the headlights, etc on the Tundra or the Sequoia, it looks different and 'refreshed' like the new Tundra but that isn't necessarily a good thing.

Just my .02 cents.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think the new front end is pretty cool. I've been seeing this show up on Instagram over the last year or so. I still don't like how low the bumper goes. There so much stuff down there that has to be covered up. To build a nice proper bumper would mean lots of work....

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
At least you guys like it. I guess fellow member JMSinMD likes the stale look of the 2008-2016 Sequoia front end. I'm not holding out for Toyota to update the Sequoia so that's why I really like this conversion. However, even if Toyota updates the look for 2017, I just bought this Sequoia recently so I'm stuck with it for a while and a conversion is the more logical step for me if I want it to look "refreshed".

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
had to trim the bracket on the bumper a little bit to make it fit

Besides trimming a bracket, did the aftermarket Tundra bumper require other work to fit? Like, did you have to drill additional holes or anything?

So if I were to order a Fab Fours bumper or any other bumper made specifically for the Tundra, all I would need to do is cut some brackets and buy a Tundra grill and everything should align and fit well?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I found this thread from yotatech. Creadit goes to aa1911 as he was gracious enough to take time to document how he installed a Tundra bumper on a Sequoia.

aa1911's '08 Sequoia SR5 4x4 and 5.7L monster machine - Page 3 - YotaTech Forums

So, if for some reason I don't end up doing a 2014-2016 Tundra front end conversion someday then at least I know it wont be too hard installing a 2007-2013 Tundra aftermarket bumper if I decide to go that route instead.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Besides trimming a bracket, did the aftermarket Tundra bumper require other work to fit? Like, did you have to drill additional holes or anything?

So if I were to order a Fab Fours bumper or any other bumper made specifically for the Tundra, all I would need to do is cut some brackets and buy a Tundra grill and everything should align and fit well?
No drilling and you don't even need the tundra grill. Even tho I do have one but a trimmed it to fit the stock sequoia bumper. There is a small gap but it's not noticeable. Here's a pic of the grill on my old bumper.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts