Toyota Tundra Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Below is a picture of my 2014 Sequoia with an ICI Magnum RT Tundra (07-13) bumper and a Tundra grill. The bumper would not fit right without the Tundra grill. My installer installed the bumper, grill, and bumper lights in around 2.5 hours and said he did not run into any compatibility issues.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
For those interested in a Sequoia with the updated Tundra front end, I noticed the pictured 2010 Sequoia SR5 (already converted) posted on Craigslist in Houston for $22,500 if anyone is interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looks like there's also a black one. I can't wait to do this mod someday since Toyota probably wont be refreshing the Sequoia anytime soon.....or ever.
so a couple of questions:
1) can you still use the original sequoia hood when trying to change to a Tundra grill and bumper?
2) do you have an approximate cost to do something like that?
Thanks. It looks sick btw!
-Smo

·
Registered
3 Posts
Below is a picture of my 2014 Sequoia with an ICI Magnum RT Tundra (07-13) bumper and a Tundra grill. The bumper would not fit right without the Tundra grill. My installer installed the bumper, grill, and bumper lights in around 2.5 hours and said he did not run into any compatibility issues.
how much did it cost for you to do that front end conversion? was that the original sequoia hood? and do you have to use a custom bumper as well?
-Smo

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Wow!!!! It's been 4 years since I started this post. I am currently in the process of doing the mod now. I'd say I'm 80 percent finished. Thanks (I guess) to covid-19, I am able to work at home and don't need to drive anywhere so I worked up the guts take my Sequoia apart to do this mod. Hopefully I can finish the mod before I have to go back in the office.

so a couple of questions:
1) can you still use the original sequoia hood when trying to change to a Tundra grill and bumper?
2) do you have an approximate cost to do something like that?
Thanks. It looks sick btw!
-Smo
No you cannot use your original hood. I kept an excel of all the parts I've bought and I would say it's been under 2k so far. The only thing I found out that I still need to buy are hood hinges....because stupid Toyota decided to make a very minor tweak to the design of the hood hinges. I am doing my own labor. I was able to keep it under 2k because I was in no rush to get parts and was able to get great deals off of craigslist and other sources.

Is this something I can do if I am handy or should I have my mechanic do it? Does everything line up?
I guess you can do it if you're determined. I am no mechanic nor an electrician but I figured it out. Let me just say it's a pain in the ass figuring most of this out by yourself since all the "tutorials" and videos online are super vague and not very helpful. I did get some help from @steelman_built on instagram. He sent me a parts list so I could confirm if I had bought the right parts.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Finished the conversion a over a month ago. I have both the 2007-2014 and 2014-2020 bushwacker flares. Not sure which set I want to use. Can't make up my mind if I want square-ish wheel wells or rounded ones in front and back but I cant install them yet until I upgrade my wheels. For now I am using the OEM flares. I chose a square tube bumper guard to match my square tube steppers but someday I'll replace the whole bumper with an offroad bumper. I also have another set of tundra headlights but for now keeping the Spyders only because I like the LED light bars.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Finished the conversion a over a month ago. I have both the 2007-2014 and 2014-2020 bushwacker flares. Not sure which set I want to use. Can't make up my mind if I want square-ish wheel wells or rounded ones in front and back but I cant install them yet until I upgrade my wheels. For now I am using the OEM flares. I chose a square tube bumper guard to match my square tube steppers but someday I'll replace the whole bumper with an offroad bumper. I also have another set of tundra headlights but for now keeping the Spyders only because I like the LED light bars.
View attachment 152669 View attachment 152671 View attachment 152670 View attachment 152672

hi-- looking to do this as well. can you send me your excel sheet of detailed parts list/part numbers? i wish someone would write a detailed step-by-step on how to do this. i swear when i figure this out i will start one as i have searched a bunch of forums online and cannot seem to find a guide.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts