Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck goes in for the second time since I bought it however the to do list is extensive for such a new vehicle. If toyota wanted to sell a truck they just lost out with my dad because he's seen mine and is now looking at another dodge. Here's what she's going in for tomorrow.

1. Leaking rack and pinion.
2. Leaking rear transmission seal.
3. Strange noise from engine upon acceleration. AC compressor is also loud.
4. Vibrating drivers door rear view mirror.

If they'll do the ball joint recall I get it done as well. I reminded them that I do have the 7/100 extended warranty so I get a rental if they keep it. If I keep on having problems with it I'm not quite sure what I'll do with it. To say the least I'm not very happy about all of this.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Good luck. I see that you are in Florida, as am I, and they will treat you like SH!T. When I had to get warranty work done it was always a drag. Just remember that if they have to replace/fix something 3 times in 24 months from date of purchase...lemon law. More info here. My friend had this done to his Nissian Frontier, his rear axle had to be replaced 3 times in 18 months and after the third he claimed it to be lemon. He got a new truck for the same price that he paid 1.5 years before.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I used a lemon law on a Z-28 that I bought in '98. It was always in the shop. I drove it for 36k mi and filed in 2000.

I ended up getting a brand new 2000 Z-28 for free that suprisingly ended up trouble free for 6 years that I owned it.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
My truck goes in for the second time since I bought it however the to do list is extensive for such a new vehicle. If toyota wanted to sell a truck they just lost out with my dad because he's seen mine and is now looking at another dodge. Here's what she's going in for tomorrow.

1. Leaking rack and pinion.
2. Leaking rear transmission seal.
3. Strange noise from engine upon acceleration. AC compressor is also loud.
4. Vibrating drivers door rear view mirror.

If they'll do the ball joint recall I get it done as well. I reminded them that I do have the 7/100 extended warranty so I get a rental if they keep it. If I keep on having problems with it I'm not quite sure what I'll do with it. To say the least I'm not very happy about all of this.

Sounds like you bought one made on a Monday after a 3 day beer drinking holiday! Sorry to hear that your Toy is giving you problems. But as others posted you can return under the lemon law!:(

·
Registered
104 Posts
I need to ask...what does the lemon law says?

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here in FL you must take it in at least 3 times within the first 24 months for the same thing. There's also a time limit for them keeping your vehicle to fix a problem as well. I love my truck and I just want them to fix her right so I can enjoy driving many trouble free miles. I plan to keep it and just invested in the navigation system, amp and sub plus plan to put new door speakers in as well as a backup camera. I just don't like having so many annoying problems so early in the life cycle.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Here in FL you must take it in at least 3 times within the first 24 months for the same thing. There's also a time limit for them keeping your vehicle to fix a problem as well. I love my truck and I just want them to fix her right so I can enjoy driving many trouble free miles. I plan to keep it and just invested in the navigation system, amp and sub plus plan to put new door speakers in as well as a backup camera. I just don't like having so many annoying problems so early in the life cycle.

I belive the time limit is 30 or 35 days. After that it is a lemon. Thats how my one friend almost got his the first time...then it just kept breaking.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok I got it back just a few minutes ago and here's what happened. They replaced the leaking rear seal on the tranny, retightened the bolts on the steering and cleaned it up and retightened my drivers door mirror. They also special ordered the ball joints for the recall. They say that the noise I hear from the engine while accelerating is the air noise from the intake, bs and they were unable to duplicate my noisy ac compressor. Maybe when something breaks up there they'll be able to duplicate it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts