Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’ve noticed my boots completely torn at the upper ends (diff end), and are getting worse by the week. I’m pretty sure they’ve thrown mostly all the grease required before going past the point of no return. I know that the OEM replacements are the best with the 6 bearing design, is there a next best option (cheaper) like going the joint-tulip style route? I’ve heard the ones from Empire are good, but my truck has the Rancho quicklift that’s fairly new with ball joints/uppers/lowers/cams (I believe) installed at the same time. Will these be ok with the higher angle with heavy wheels and tires? Or should I bite the bullet and go for the genuine Yota’ shafts?

One other quick note*. Are those red colored high angle CV boots from ORS? Worth it when I go to replace the shafts? They seem like a viable option. I’m also ordering new sway bar links from Suspension Maxx made for Tundra’s with a 1-3” leveling kit as my truck RARELY sees any trails or rocks and is mostly a highway/city truck, I’d like a nice tight swaybar. Truck has heavy 20 inch wheels, 33s and 12x1.5/2” spacers all around so the roads in the metro Wash.DC area are just brutal to this thing.I’ve checked the bushings where the actual sway bar is connected to the frame and they are good. Just the shafts and sway bar links are making noise. As mentioned earlier the lift components/ball joints/control/upper/lower were all done at the same time, it just seems the P.O. skipped the shafts and swaybar links as they were probably not an issue at that point in time. Any suggestions for a new member? Thanks in advance. -Matt

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
On second thought would it be a good idea to also replace the actual sway bar bracket bushings the same time the new links go in?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts