Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Ive been fixing chips and dings for a bit now prepping my truck up for paint. It had a lot of rock chips in it when I bought it. Anyway today I got rid of the moldings and welded up the holes underneath.

I cut out little metal squares and welded them in. ground down and stripped the paint around them.

Using a unispotter I straightened out some of the warpage from welding on the tinfoil doors.

Some bodywork to smooth it all out nicely. Then off to do the same on the other side.

Ready for primer

Much better

·
Registered
739 Posts
that's one bad azz tundra, love the hood, grille, the shaving of the moldings, one of those trucks you have take a double look to see all the details nice job erki

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
Great work amigo. :tu: Coming together real nice with the details. I like
the setup so far and finish paint is going to tie it together so sweet. Points sent.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
:eek:You've been hard at work lately, good job. It's been one uncommon mod after another from you, good to see.:tu:
I Thought about shaving my door trim, never liked it but my paint is still in good shape, so my cajones aren't big enough to touch them yet.

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
My gosh is the sheet metal ever thin on these trucks. Not just the Tundra, all new vehicles are the same. My Gen 1 had similar moldings dealer installed when it was new, but they were just stuck on with double sided tape. When I tried to pull them off using a heat gun, the entire panel buckled and folded outward!! That metal should be used to wrap baked potatos. :lol:

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
Nice job bro'

1 - 11 of 11 Posts