Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally finished it, Bilstein shocks 3', 3 PA body lift. Now sitting on new Dunlop Maxx Tractions. 315/75/16.

Slight rub on the frame at full lock.

·
Registered
28 Posts
duuude good job i like +1

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well so far I can't feel a difference handling, may need to hook my sway bar back up. It been disconnected for about a year now with my 33s. More body roll. A bit slower off the line. RPMs dropped at 65mph, was 2100, now its at 1900. I may regear one day, just not on my to do list.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks just like how my tundra looked years ago. I like it though.
I've been modeling my truck off yours for awhile now.. Maybe one day i'll grow a pair and commit to a SAS.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Nice I'm gonna have to do this . When installing the body lift what's the hardest part and how bad is your rub when u go wheelin?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice I'm gonna have to do this . When installing the body lift what's the hardest part and how bad is your rub when u go wheelin?
The body lift only took me about 2 hours to install, mostly because of all the little brackets I had to install. All the spacers went in real fast. I'm really an exception, working at a dodge dealership, used my rack to lift the cab/bed.

Full lock I have a considerable amount of frame rub now that I have some miles on it, if you don't mind and don't do a whole lot of parallel parking. Lifting this truck was only for looks, so I'd imagine wheeling might be a problem. I'll try to get a picture later of where it rubs.

how do you like the body lift?
Looks awesome, feels solid. I love it. To bad I have a bunch of frame rust. Toyota took my truck for the day and did some tests, put a bunch of dings in my frame looking for rust. Now i'm just waiting on the next step they take me.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Nice thanks for the respond its scares me to the body lift. The instructions were like 26 pages long think. Also, to run 35 inch tires do you really have to get 16x10 wheels? I currently have 16x8 on 33's.
Thanks again

Henry

·
Registered
200 Posts
Nice thanks for the respond its scares me to the body lift. The instructions were like 26 pages long think. Also, to run 35 inch tires do you really have to get 16x10 wheels? I currently have 16x8 on 33's.
Thanks again

Henry

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Think its the wheel back spacing you need to worry about. Not so much the width of the rim.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts